The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I always supported Bo when he was with the Canucks and wanted him re-signed. But he hasn't looked good in NY for awhile. Didn't like his game tonight, seemed very perimeter. I'm glad we have JT and the trade pieces from Bo moving forward. 

Awkward Talk GIF by Holly Logan

...But yes, I agree. Considering the cost of his new contract, Canucks are better without him. Especially if Hronek pans out.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Lou is lousing it.

At least with Benning it took a few games in to realize he probably just signed another the too-long/to-much-money contract with a player...........again. But I don't think I've ever heard a GM put it quite like that before the player had even played one game for him yet. Not in public.

I like how the reporters thought he was being funny. He didn't blink, he actually looked a little annoyed.

"you want the truth?"

Maybe another case of too-much-meddle-owner there?

Lamoriello never discloses contract terms so when someone asked he used a pirouette.  It's obviously a joke. Really no different than in his other interviews.  

Lamoriello has always said that contracts are too long these days.  He's known to want deals to be capped at maximum 5 years.  

Ledecky is co-owner - really doesn't sound like he would be someone that would meddle:

“The owner who becomes the GM or the owner who thinks he’s a GM has a fool for a client. We hand that over to Lou and let Lou do his job and that’s what he’s trying to do. Every day we’re trying to go out and win a game.”

“The bar is that Lou is in the Hall of Fame, Lou won the GM of the Year twice, I’m neither,” Ledecky said. “And neither is [co-owner] Scott [Malkin]. When you have somebody who’s got that track record, you let them do their job.”

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

Lamoriello never discloses contract terms so when someone asked he used a pirouette.  It's obviously a joke. Really no different than in his other interviews.  

Lamoriello has always said that contracts are too long these days.  He's known to want deals to be capped at maximum 5 years.  

Ledecky is co-owner - really doesn't sound like he would be someone that would meddle:

“The owner who becomes the GM or the owner who thinks he’s a GM has a fool for a client. We hand that over to Lou and let Lou do his job and that’s what he’s trying to do. Every day we’re trying to go out and win a game.”

“The bar is that Lou is in the Hall of Fame, Lou won the GM of the Year twice, I’m neither,” Ledecky said. “And neither is [co-owner] Scott [Malkin]. When you have somebody who’s got that track record, you let them do their job.”

Well if it was a joke, I've just never seen a GM make one like that.

Kind of a cynical response. He didn't have to go there. On the eve of a major player signing for the team.

But chalk one up for JR/PA for maximizing on Bo's momentary value.

You are probably right but then again Ledecky or Malkin might have really liked them some Bo, and willing to pay premium to lock him down. It can happen to anyone...who owns a sports franchise. I'd have trouble keeping my fingers out of the pie.

https://www.vicnews.com/sports/gm-benning-takes-over-hockey-operations-for-nhls-canucks/

Benning explained that Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini “does not interfere with what [Benning and Green] do. He listens, he asks questions, then he lets us do what we need to do.”

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thank God for NYI that Barzal came back. At least he’s contributing. 

Apparently some NYI fans have put out a missing persons report for playoff BO…

Bo and Miller are neck and neck for playoff wins this year. 

• Haha 1

What I think is the funniest thing is that the "Ill tell you that for free" comment will be historic amongst canuck fans for at least 5 more years. 

Whether Bo meant anything negative or not hes going to have to live with the harrasment of Cancuk fans for some time now.

Ill tell you that for free.