The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Quite the rough affair so far with a boarding hit by Pulock and an elbow by KotK. 

Good pace to this one. Kinda hoping the isles win and make a series out of this.

This game is not on my local cable ,  .. 4 or 5 channels of Blue Jay schtick..   :picard:

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

Does Matt Martin look like Brad Pitt or what?!

Not one single bit (been a fan of Brad's since Thelma & Louise/A River Runs Through It/Legends of the Fall).

He sets the bar for me. Nope, don't see it (at all).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Not one single bit (been a fan of Brad's since Thelma & Louise/A River Runs Through It/Legends of the Fall).

He sets the bar for me. Nope, don't see it (at all).

Haha. Brad is a fine looking man for sure.  I just finally watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" the other night. Man, did he never nail that role.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I've got it on Shaw SN360

Cheers Deb,.   I’m up in Squamish , Shaw seems to include it at certain times,  and then it disappears in other times.….

I’ve never been too happy with Shaw. Hopefully some standard changes coming with the “merger” with Rogers

• Cheers 2

21 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Chatfield looks like he grew another couple of inches and put 20 pounds on! My hope is that Van learned something with Chatfield and won't repeat it with Woo. 

Agreed. The thing is, some people here believe it's so simple to trade Myers, OEL, clear cap space and bring back this elite type of RD, let alone anyone of the forwards most are suggesting we move. 

My point is, we have pieces here that we should look at developing first, before trading away the farm. 

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What a stupid penalty to take

I really don't like these hard-core interference penalties I'm seeing these playoffs. It's one thing to get in a guys lane to mess with him. But some of this contact is too much. You can't have open season on players without pucks. 

8 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Horvat has been pretty invisible all series.

I'll tell you that for free lol 

Even after that comment from Bo, I still want him to do well. But man did we dodge that bullet. Even if Raty doesn't pan out for us not getting stuck with another long term overpay contract is already a win for me. 

• Cheers 3