The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Bedard refuses to go to Chicago!

Rate this topic

vancan2233

Sorry if this has a topic already.

If Bedard pulled a Lindros and asked to moved to Van ( refused Chicago), what would the Canucks have to give up?

Would it cost too much?

Would Huges or Pettersson be going to Chicago?

Would the NHL see Bedard's potential cost and ask for the max in first round draft picks? 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bedard is a good kid and Chicago is an original 6 team. Why in heck would he refuse to play there?

Not like this has not happen before with players. I mean Lindros was not a good kid? Chicago may be a original 6, but there is some damaging history being made there. It  is a pipe dream though and just a what if situation . Also Fox did it twice. 

• Cheers 1

Chicago doesn't deserve him, they should have been stripped of their first this year at a minimum 

That being said, who'd reasonably expect Bedard to pass up guaranteed millions? If he wants to play elsewhere he'll just do it later on

It sucks but it is what it is 

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Chicago doesn't deserve him, they should have been stripped of their first this year at a minimum 

That being said, who'd reasonably expect Bedard to pass up guaranteed millions? If he wants to play elsewhere he'll just do it later on

It sucks but it is what it is 

Think he would only play his enter level contract out then ask to be moved to Van. Would cost, what is it 3 to 4 first round draft picks? A contract of 10+ million over how many years?

Edited by vancan2233

5 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Think he would only play his enter level contract out then ask to be moved to Van. Would cost, what is it 3 to 4 first round draft picks? A contract of 10+ million over how many years?

Let's just wait 7 season fella, Bedard will be 25 and in his prime. Hopefully he comes home. I'll be 40 by then.. would be a nice gift

Because the different categories of unrestricted free agents (UFA) can get complicated, the most common UFAs in the National Hockey League consist of any player who either has seven accrued professional seasons or is 27 years of age or older

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

Not like this has not happen before with players. I mean Lindros was not a good kid? Chicago may be a original 6, but there is some damaging history being made there. It  is a pipe dream though and just a what if situation . Also Fox did it twice. 

According to Craig Patrick, the former Penguins general manager who drafted Jagr, the Czech winger did his best to manipulate the draft so that he could end up in Pittsburgh playing alongside Mario Lemieux. "

"I found out years later that when he was interviewed by teams ahead of us, he told them all that he wasn't coming over [to the NHL] right away," Patrick recently told reporters at a Penguins alumni golf outing. "When we asked him that question, he said 'I'll be there tomorrow if you draft me.

Jagr was reportedly willing to make more of a commitment to the Penguins than the four teams that picked before them -- the Nordiques, Canucks, Red Wings and Flyers -- because he "idolized" Lemieux. (and probably why we went Nedved)

Bedard isn't going to risk getting hurt and not being a instant millionaire, besides he just wants to play

• Cheers 1

Chicago is an original 6 team and a massive market. The opportunity to make $$$ endorsing products is a dream come true. Especially considering there really is no big time athlete on any of the Chicago teams these days.

Lindros refused Quebec because it was a small market team.