The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Milan Lucic and the Canucks. Should they consider him?

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

LOL Gemel Is miles better than Looch. He's fast and is a very good PKer  put up PPG in the AHL has never had a chance in the NHL playing on very good teams Tampa and Dallas. He's not a great fighter but he's a willing combatant and he can play C he's literally excatly what we need. He can be signed for league min and start the year in Abby.

We don't need slow guys who can't play. We need depth guys who can keep up don't cost anything and while their up with the club play a role.

We can't afford to be paying the price for a Jeannot esque trade. Or the cap hit for another bottom 6 fwd. 

Exactly; we need to find another Joshua that will come in at league min and over play his salary. Lucic is a guy a team signs at the TDL to add more depth at this point in his career. We need tenuous and fast forecheckers on the 4th line not slow sasquatches.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He still made the threat and doubled down after the fact, blaming the opponent.  He also kept pulling all of the rest of his garbage afterwards.  Bottom line is that there's numerous reasons why many have zero respect for this pathetic excuse for a man.

Your moral high ground schtick is so tired. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

For me the answer is yes, given it's a 1 yr sub 1M contract.

On the ice there are a handful of guys (if that) in the entire league that are as tough as Lucic. We have been a soft team, Tocchet even called them soft within his first 5 games as coach, we could use that toughness. 

From a leadership perspective it's a very young team that just traded their captain, you hear about the impact a guy like Schenn made, I think a veteran like Lucic could be a similar impact.

From a sentimental standpoint this is a beloved Vancouver boy that got away. Boston beat Tampa 1-0 in game 7, 1 goal the other way & the bad blood doesn't exist, and that part wouldnt be a question. Maybe he's a 13th forward, but it would be a good way to go out for Looch & a good way to make peace with a good Vancouver boy for the city. 

People here are floating Miles Wood, I've liked Wood for awhile & agree he's definitely a better player, but he's not as tough. If it's one or the other I'd take Wood, but I'd pursue both.

If we want a tougher guy that oozes leadership, just resign Schenn for 2 years. The guy not only helps out in those two categories he is an OK 4th Dman and a very good bottom pair Dman. No need to waste cap on Lucic.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

If we want a tougher guy that oozes leadership, just resign Schenn for 2 years. The guy not only helps out in those two categories he is an OK 4th Dman and a very good bottom pair Dman. No need to waste cap on Lucic.....

Schenn has probably tripled his salary based on play this playoff and season. Gudas and Lucic would be great. 

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Schenn has probably tripled his salary based on play this playoff and season. Gudas and Lucic would be great. 

Okay, so you'd be unwilling to sign Schenn @ 2mish for 2 years? Guy is exactly what we need in the short term; a stop gap until we can develop/acquire young talent. I'd rather give him that 2m over Bear who doesn't offer the same leadership, toughness, nor defensive prowess. Don't get me wrong, he is NOT a top 4 guy on a good team, but we are not at that stage in 23/24 anyways. 

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Okay, so you'd be unwilling to sign Schenn @ 2mish for 2 years? Guy is exactly what we need in the short term; a stop gap until we can develop/acquire young talent. I'd rather give him that 2m over Bear who doesn't offer the same leadership, toughness, nor defensive prowess. Don't get me wrong, he is NOT a top 4 guy on a good team, but we are not at that stage in 23/24 anyways. 

Schenn is probably around 3 million + minus 2-300k. I think Gudas makes more sense and adding Lucic with him adds legit toughnes for the same cost as Schenn.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

if he only cost 850k a season sure we can use him as a depth 4th liner/pressbox

Do you think Lucic would be happy sitting in the pressbox OR getting sent down to the AHL? Go get a vet 3c like Bjudstad and give a younger guy the chance to shine.

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Schenn is probably around 3 million + minus 2-300k. I think Gudas makes more sense and adding Lucic with him adds legit toughnes for the same cost as Schenn.

Gudas and Bjudstad sure; just say no to Lucic. Like I said, go find another Joshua to groom on the 4th line. We should have a 4th line that brings speed and tenacity, not slow and old. We should be aspiring to have a 4th line like LV; they can utterly dominate at times strictly on hardwork, speed, and tenacity.

And we will see what Schenn signs for. His market is well above the 850k contract we had him on, but on a GOOD team he is only a 3rd pair Dman fulltime.

Edited by BC_Hawk

59 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Gudas and Bjudstad sure; just say no to Lucic. Like I said, go find another Joshua to groom on the 4th line. We should have a 4th line that brings speed and tenacity, not slow and old. We should be aspiring to have a 4th line like LV; they can utterly dominate at times strictly on hardwork, speed, and tenacity.

And we will see what Schenn signs for. His market is well above the 850k contract we had him on, but on a GOOD team he is only a 3rd pair Dman fulltime.

He's earned a raise that ship has sailed. 

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I was going to waste my time writing out a reply and then I realized the perfect response was already right below yours.

You and @bishopshodan are missing the context of that whole situation. 

The local media and fans were fresh off the 2011 loss and were trying to scapegoat Lucic. 

Lucic had shown incredible restraint by not pummeling that drunk guy and said that he was done with DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, as in Granville St. 

He still comes back to the city all the time and has a lot of friends and family that live here. 

A few emotionally immature fans are not who you should be aligning yourself with or defending here. 

Those are the types that give the rest of us a bad name. 

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You and @bishopshodan are missing the context of that whole situation. 

The local media and fans were fresh off the 2011 loss and were trying to scapegoat Lucic. 

Lucic had shown incredible restraint by not pummeling that drunk guy and said that he was done with DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, as in Granville St. 

He still comes back to the city all the time and has a lot of friends and family that live here. 

A few emotionally immature fans are not who you should be aligning yourself with or defending here. 

Those are the types that give the rest of us a bad name. 

What I am saying is he should have realised that he was a goon from an enemy team that beat us in our own city in controversial manner.

If he loved his home town and all the friends and familly he should have said that. Instead he said he was done with defending the city and its people.

Well then, he was including me. So, F' him. That said, nobody should have messed with his fam...at all, for any reason. 

BTW, there are many guys that walk down Granville that could lace looch. When I managed one of the clubs, we had a pro mma fighter, national rugby team member, an Ex- Kurd military that stood 6'6 250 ripped, oh I also had a set of identical twins that stood 6'10, a few dudes that were over 300lbs..etc.... these were the types I had to hire just to keep the peace inside the club. 

One of my last nights as a GM we fought a group of UN gang members?...blood everywhere. 

Not saying Looch isn't tough AF but again, dont fight on Granville. One day it will catch up to you big time, nomatter who you are.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sorry, you think that people that vandalized his grandparents'house were in the right? Or people that spray painted his church? Or the guy that was trying to pick a fight with him? 

I missed the part where Roger said that, could you quote it for me?

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What I am saying is he should have realised that he was a goon from an enemy team that beat us in our own city in controversial manner.

If he loved his home town and all the friends and familly he should have said that. Instead he said he was done with defending the city and its people.

But media was asking him about the altercation on Granville, why would he mention that he loves his friends and the family? 

This also came on the heels of all the bad things that were done to his family, and he had defended the city of Vancouver to Boston media. 

Everyone that's parroting this quote is doing so without any context at all, and doing it with the sole purpose to make him look bad. Some people will hate him no matter what, it's called being petty, immature, and unable to let go of a loss. 

It's fine to not want him based on his current playing ability. 

37 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I missed the part where Roger said that, could you quote it for me?

He's surprised that Lucic would be upset at those acts. Are you saying that Lucic shouldn't have been upset and that his words are unreasonable? 

What part of Lucic's quote do you take issue with? 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's surprised that Lucic would be upset at those acts. Are you saying that Lucic shouldn't have been upset and that his words are unreasonable? 

What part of Lucic's quote do you take issue with? 

All I'm asking is for you to quote Roger.

not make stuff up, and get upset at the stuff he did not say.

• Cheers 1