The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Milan Lucic and the Canucks. Should they consider him?

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

When Tyler Toffoli was traded to Calgary, it was Milan Lucic who picked him up at the airport, I believe he even stayed with the Lucic family until he got a place. Boy does that ever sound like a locker room cancer if I ever heard one... 

Yeah, people that try to pretend that Lucic is a bad locker room guy are out to lunch and very petty. Gotta let go of 2011, gotta let go 

Move Forward Let Go GIF by ANTI- Records

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Which is why I posted the link. Still, a few "drunk idiots" isn't a reflection of the city or the people of the city.

Vintage, how would you feel if someone vandalized your grandparents' place because you played on the opposite team?  

What if someone vandalized the church where you family goes?  

Then when some drunk teenagers tried to start a fight with him, and he restrained himself, the local media and fans went all out to paint him as the bad guy. 

Sorry, it makes absolutely no sense to excuse the behaviour of the low lives that did that, I got no time for it. 

16 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Vintage, how would you feel if someone vandalized your grandparents' place because you played on the opposite team?  

What if someone vandalized the church where you family goes?  

Then when some drunk teenagers tried to start a fight with him, and he restrained himself, the local media and fans went all out to paint him as the bad guy. 

Sorry, it makes absolutely no sense to excuse the behaviour of the low lives that did that, I got no time for it. 

That's the point. Why would the Canucks consider him or why would Lucic consider coming to Vancouver given the history? It doesn't make sense from either side. There is no mutual fit.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's the point. Why would the Canucks consider him or why would Lucic consider coming to Vancouver given the history? It doesn't make sense from either side. There is no mutual fit.

Because, even though all those terrible things happened. 

He was close to signing with Vancouver in 2016. He always wanted to be closer to home. His late dad was a huge Canucks’ fan and maybe he wants to honour him by signing with his dad’s favourite team?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Lucic was on Donnie and Dhali and had this to say. Should the Canucks entertain Milan Lucic for 1 x 1 million dollar deal to bring us much needed toughness on our bottom six? You know teams will be thinking twice if they tried to take liberties against our young guys.

Let’s sign an old broken down horse for a year and see how it runs. Seems like a great glue move. Carry on.