The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Milan Lucic and the Canucks. Should they consider him?

If we are looking to add physicality/grit to the lineup, these are players I would target in order of preference. This all depends on contract value of course. Short term deals as well.

1. Miles Wood 

2. Carson Soucy

3. Radko Gudas 

4 Milan Lucic 

My main targets for this offseason would be: 

1.Offloading salary

2. Obtaining picks

3. Ross Colton 

4. Carson Soucy 

5. Gritty winger that can play Penalty Kill or role player that is feared (Lucic)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's the point. Why would the Canucks consider him or why would Lucic consider coming to Vancouver given the history? It doesn't make sense from either side. There is no mutual fit.

Milan is an East Van kid and he'd love to play for his hometown team as he said today.  He has said this multiple times.  We need a tough guy in the worst way possible since the departure of Luke Schenn.  

I'm certain that Rick Tocchet would love to get Milan Lucic on his team for one year and to have an example of what hard-to-play-against really means.  

The fit is there. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Milan is an East Van kid and he'd love to play for his hometown team as he said today.  He has said this multiple times.  We need a tough guy in the worst way possible since the departure of Luke Schenn.  

I'm certain that Rick Tocchet would love to get Milan Lucic on his team for one year and to have an example of what hard-to-play-against really means.  

The fit is there. 

Even if it was, many fans would have a fit themselves

I have the most open mind to all of things. Rooted for Jake till the end. But all things to come to end also. The most I'd give Lucic is a PTO and if he makes a good enough point to keep a 1x1 deal in the end sure. But he's gotta brake some skulls for it. Hit. Stick up for guys. If we had him and schenn out there it could help. I always root for guys to succeed but this is a long shot. PTO or no thanks. Zero commitment. 

I wouldn’t mind Miles Wood as an alternative. For defense, Ryan Graves is a legitimate top 4 defenseman and could be the perfect partner for Hronek.

If Jett Woo plays like he did this past season, I can easily see him grabbing that 6th spot on right D and he would essentially fill that tough guy shutdown role. IMO, Woo makes the team next year considering he’s waiver eligible. I can honestly see a Hughes/Woo pairing. 

Hughes/Woo

Graves/Hronek

Even without Woo this is a legitimate top 4 defense. Woo has that Bieksa style of rugged in your face presence that I think the team desperately needs.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Milan Lucic on Vancouver in 2013:

“I have no reason left to try and defend my city, and the people of my city. Other than being at Rogers Arena, no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again."

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/nhl-s-lucic-says-he-was-attacked-outside-vancouver-club-1.1595881

Q: Should they consider him?

A: No.

This. #%^* him. 

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'd prefer to bring Schenn back

And this. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Milan Lucic on Vancouver in 2013:

“I have no reason left to try and defend my city, and the people of my city. Other than being at Rogers Arena, no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again."

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/nhl-s-lucic-says-he-was-attacked-outside-vancouver-club-1.1595881

Q: Should they consider him?

A: No.

You mean yes

3 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

I honestly don’t know. I have wanted the Canucks to get him for years though. 

Let’s say he is under contract..what would he cost in a trade? 

Having a veteran depth role player would be beneficial for this team. Clutterbuck definitely has some rat/pest in him. Always lays the body and defensively responsible. 

There are fighters around who can skate faster.  If we want to reserve a roster spot for a tough guy who is going to play 6-8 minutes a night, we can do better.

At least find a 3rd pairing D who can chuck em if need be, at least they are actually on the ice for a reasonable period of time to respond to issues.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1