The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Milan Lucic and the Canucks. Should they consider him?

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I mean I'm talking bout a depth fwd here. I'm not billing him as a top 9 guy. I'm just saying that this is the type of depth I want to add fast tough high compete guys who can pk and grind but aren't completely inept offensively and can capitalize on some of the opportunities they create. 

I don't want a slow face puncher that can't pk or defend the rush. 

Me neither if we signed lucid I’d be so choked 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronning4center said:

i dunno...7 goals on the 4th line is about right.  At least he can fight.

I want a 4th line of guys who embody the style of. 

Derek Dorsett, Brad Richardson, Maxim Lapierre, Jarkko Ruutu, Ryan Johnson, Matt Cooke 

Guys who can line up against the other teams stars shut them down and make them take penalties in frustration. They can't score from the box. 

Speed, defensive acumen, tenacity, toughness, pestilence 

Edited by hammertime
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, hammertime said:

I want a 4th line of guys who embody the style of. 

Derek Dorsett, Brad Richardson, Maxim Lapierre, Jarkko Ruutu, Ryan Johnson, Matt Cooke 

Guys who can line up against the other teams stars shut them down and make them take penalties in frustration. They can't score from the box. 

Speed, defensive acumen, tenacity, toughness, pestilence 

So do 31 other teams with little to none of those guys available, especially since all 6 you listed are retired.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

So do 31 other teams with little to none of those guys available, especially since all 6 you listed are retired.

Ok I'll talk super Lucic slow for you. We need to be adding big bang for budget guys like......

Motte, Liam O'brein, Jack McBain, Will Lockwood if he could stay healthy, Sam Carrik, Gemel Smith, Klim Kostin, Will Cuylle, Reid Schaefer, Juho Lammiko, Pezzetta, Hathaway, Jake Evans, Teddy Blueger, 

Not flippin Looch. Our 4th line needs to be able to keep up and shut down. We need PKers who play fast and in your face. Not mean mugging pylons. It sucks we didn't get prime Ferland, Roussel together that would have been so fun to see. 

We've got a few good ones in Podkolzin, Bains, Bloom these guys take a little while to blossom thankfully Ryan Johnson, Tocchet, Foote know a little something about playing that role. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Ok I'll talk super Lucic slow for you. We need to be adding big bang for budget guys like......

Motte, Liam O'brein, Jack McBain, Will Lockwood if he could stay healthy, Sam Carrik, Gemel Smith, Klim Kostin, Will Cuylle, Reid Schaefer, Juho Lammiko, Pezzetta, Hathaway, Jake Evans, Teddy Blueger, 

Not flippin Looch. Our 4th line needs to be able to keep up and shut down. We need PKers who play fast and in your face. Not mean mugging pylons. It sucks we didn't get prime Ferland, Roussel together that would have been so fun to see. 

We've got a few good ones in Podkolzin, Bains, Bloom these guys take a little while to blossom thankfully Ryan Johnson, Tocchet, Foote know a little something about playing that role. 

No need for the condescending comments. I don’t think Lucic in a 4th line/spare forward role is a detriment to the team. I quite frankly don’t give a fk if you agree or not. 

As for the first part, there is a reason you listed 6 retired players, it’s because those type of players are highly coveted and teams generally keep them especially if they can be had for a bargain. See: Michael Pezzetta, Noah Gregor, Ryan Lomberg. Etc. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder if he returns to Boston where his career began?

Could happen.  See it pretty often at the 11th hour of careers.  Rob Brown, Ryan Smyth, Bobby Smith, Denis Savard.  Theoren Fleury signing a PTO in Calgary and then the Flames freaking out when he was great in the preseason and cutting him because he didn't realize it was a publicity stunt.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Could happen.  See it pretty often at the 11th hour of careers.  Rob Brown, Ryan Smyth, Bobby Smith, Denis Savard.  Theoren Fleury signing a PTO in Calgary and then the Flames freaking out when he was great in the preseason and cutting him because he didn't realize it was a publicity stunt.

OR he’s coming to van to bring us a cup!

Trade for Vegas's 4th line.  The best 4th line in the playoffs.

Carrier      6'2  218 lbs    18g  2g 2a 4pts +0   42 hits

Roy          6'4" 205 lbs    18g  1g 8a 9pts +3   38 hits

Kolesar    6'2" 217 lbs    18g  2g 3a  5pts +1   65 hits

More impressed with:

Marchessault  18g  10g 8a  18pts  +14  49 hits

Barbashev       18g   6g 10a 12pts +12  56 hits