The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs name Brad Treliving as GM

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, bibaboy19 said:

I get the sense Shanahan let go of Dubas because Treliving was available 

Doesn't align with the timeline.  Treliving not returning in Calgary was announced already mid-April.  Shanahan and Dubas were negotiating a new deal just a couple of weeks ago before Shanahan had a change of heart following Dubas' end of season presser.  

• Vintage 1

Laffer Gardens will be filled with Boston Pizza counters. Brad gets the last laugh so to speak. He will be quick on the trigger to move Matthews before he can bolt. Of course the HNIC panel will have a field day with this. Auto CUP with Brad there. Brad likes ex-Canucks. Maybe he hires Green to coach? Benning to scout? 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Treliving was hired to trade Matthews. 

Geez Alf how does Shanahan explain that away? Shanny says I was at the cottage and Brad traded Matthews without my permission! What? Traded Matthews to the Flamers for for Lucic, Stone and Markstrom. Love it!  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Geez Alf how does Shanahan explain that away? Shanny says I was at the cottage and Brad traded Matthews without my permission! What? Traded Matthews to the Flamers for for Lucic, Stone and Markstrom. Love it!  

Oh, I forgot. The player to be named later is actually Brad. He is going back to the Flamers with Matthews. All OK with the NHL as Calgary people are buying the Yotes and moving them to Houston. Mark Howe will be the GM there. Danielle Smith has signed off on all of this stuff. My head hurts I have to sign off. 

• Cheers 1