The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Pierre-Luc Dubois has requested a trade

6 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Even if we completely ignore the trade itself, Dubois is not going to sign here. He wants to go to Montreal. 

He has basically demanded a trade and won't even sign a 1 year deal.  He either gets traded or sits out the year until he is a UFA.  Winnipeg doesn't have much leverage now.  Montreal can certainly make an offer but they don't have the assets Winnipeg wants which is veterans with term.  They won't get a better deal with Montreal.

If PLD doesn't want to sign an extension with us them worst case scenario is we will have freed up $13 million in cap space for next summer with this deal...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • elephant 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He has basically demanded a trade and won't even sign a 1 year deal.  He either gets traded or sits out the year until he is a UFA.  Winnipeg doesn't have much leverage now.  Montreal can certainly make an offer but they don't have the assets Winnipeg wants which is veterans with term.  They won't get a better deal with Montreal.

If PLD doesn't want to sign an extension with us them worst case scenario is we will have freed up $13 million in cap space for next summer with this deal...

If he wants to go to Montreal, he’s not signing here for 8 years. Value wise youre proposal is fine. However, it is moot as it is common knowledge he wants to be a Hab. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

If he wants to go to Montreal, he’s not signing here for 8 years. Value wise youre proposal is fine. However, it is moot as it is common knowledge he wants to be a Hab. 

If he wants to go to Montreal, then yes I agree.  If he is open to another team, then we have the assets that Winnipeg would want, moreso than Montreal...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If he wants to go to Montreal, then yes I agree.  If he is open to another team, then we have the assets that Winnipeg would want, moreso than Montreal...

I would only consider doing it as a sign and trade, highly doubt that is an option though. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Brenden Dillon

2023 18OA

To Winnipeg:

JT Miller

Conor Garland

2023 11OA

Sign PLD to an 8.5x8 contract extension...

Winnipeg would prolly need to talk to miller first to see if he even have any intention of playing in Winnipeg.. which I’m pretty sure would be a no. Otherwise Miller might just demand a trade and play like crap as tantrum since he have no motivation to play in Winnipeg. There’s also close to 0 chance PLD would sign in Vancouver and this is the 2nd time he’s requesting/demanding a trade. This guy have no respect for teams and managements and only care about himself. He will demand another trade out the moment it turns south 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Winnipeg would prolly need to talk to miller first to see if he even have any intention of playing in Winnipeg.. which I’m pretty sure would be a no. Otherwise Miller might just demand a trade and play like crap as tantrum since he have no motivation to play in Winnipeg. There’s also close to 0 chance PLD would sign in Vancouver and this is the 2nd time he’s requesting/demanding a trade. This guy have no respect for teams and managements and only care about himself. He will demand another trade out the moment it turns south 

This is my other concern. 

I’d still prefer to keep Miller if I’m honest. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Possible 3 way trade?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1