The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think the Ukrainian War Thread should have been moved to a private Forum?

J.I.A.H.N

Do you agree that the Ukrainian War forum should have been moved into a private invitation only club?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

wrong move, apparently.

Don't have to inform myself about the latest developments of the war in Ukraine on CDC. Many other options available to get updates on the situation in Ukraine like on social media for example on twitter or by reading a report on the wallstreet journal.

Sad that moving this topic to a private forum has become necessary.

I don'T care. I neither have to be on CDC nor do I have to be a member of this private forum.

"Sad that moving this topic"

"I don'T care."

Please make up your mind. lol

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Biden has almost 10 years on me. I fall like that it’s stretcher time, and he pops right back up. Got to love that guy’s toughness. 

Ah...but you're forgetting the conversion to Melmacian years.  8 Earth years = 1 Melmac years so you're close to the same age.;)

17onpolitics-biden-meme-mediumSquareAt3X

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The thread is still operating as normal. Updates are coming from all corners of the interwebs by all the dedicated updaters. 

It’s just moved to a different area on the site. 

That’s all. 

No it’s been moved to an invite only club and is being censored now.

3 hours ago, RomanP said:

I already mentioned it inside the thread but should probably post it here in the open as well. What’s the point of having Off Topic section at all if such an important and history defining event of our lifetime as the war in Ukraine can’t be discussed here. Practically every thread in this section has been derailed by the trolls at one point or another. One example i brought up - terrorists succeeded by targeting the flights by making the security experience a nightmare for the air travellers. If a troll now has a goal to kill a thread, all they have to do is to derail it enough times before it’s killed.

Also, think about it from another angle - would you move the thread discussing World War II in 1941 because some trolls would try to peddle German propaganda in it?

^^^ this,  

@Sharpshooter. Read that ^^

Look at the results of the poll so far..

It should be back,.    And this thread isn’t going to move my discourse or displeasure .

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

No it’s been moved to an invite only club and is being censored now.

It’s being uncluttered because you keep derailing it with your off topic posts. 

I didn’t move it to the invite only area and I cannot unmove it. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

^^^ this,  

@Sharpshooter. Read that ^^

Look at the results of the poll so far..

It should be back,.    And this thread isn’t going to move my discourse or displeasure .

You are not comprehending what I’m saying. 

I. Cannot. Unmove. The. Thread. Back. To. Off-Topic. 

Do you understand? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t have the ability to. 

I’ve mentioned this already. 

Direct your request to @-SN-

@-SN-  the posts and poll here is worthy of “The War in UKraine “ thread be put back into the appropriate Topic Listing it was in,  for everyone to enjoy.

Moving it to a PRIVAT / INVITE Thread was a mistake ,. 
It blocks those who have freely roamed those pages for news,  and puts others who have established an INVITE CLUB , to an inconvenience on your decision.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s being uncluttered because you keep derailing it with your off topic posts. 

I didn’t move it to the invite only area and I cannot unmove it. 

I’m not derailing ,  whoever took it to the Private Adults Club without asking is derailing it.

it has no reason bein there..

you don’t help by censoring and deleting posts , which some how you were granted.

Edited by SilentSam

@SilentSam

Last July, new posting rules were created and all political and religious discussions were to be kept off the public site.  This came from above @-SN-(I believe).  I am surprised the Ukraine War thread lasted in Off Topic for as long as it did.  There are no limits, as far as I'm aware, to who can join this "private" club.  The more the merrier.  There is no reason why The Adults Table can't become like Off Topic was.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m not derailing ,  whoever took it to the Private Adults Club without asking is derailing it.

it has no reason bein there.

Sam, the Site Administrator does not need to ask before doing something, such as moving a thread, as a Administrator. 

He doesn’t need your or anyone’s permission to Administrate this site. 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

@SilentSam

Last July, new posting rules were created and all political and religious discussions were to be kept off the public site.  This came from above @-SN-(I believe).  I am surprised the Ukraine War thread lasted in Off Topic for as long as it did.  There are no limits, as far as I'm aware, to who can join this "private" club.  The more the merrier.  There is no reason why The Adults Table can't become like Off Topic was.

Although religion and political talk does arise in The UKraine War Thread,. It still rises in many others ..  it’s usually well controlled by mods,  a gentle reminder or short suspension puts it back on track .

But it’s no reason to close the topic or move it to something that is supposed to be an Invite Club.

Who said anyone could do that ?

I certainly didn’t agree, and ima member of that club.

Do you see how far an over reach this is.

And to have my posts in grievance about this move ,  be deleted so that the conversation,  which now happens to be in a Invitational Club,  can be censored or control by those who want to sweep away there mistake, and not let the argument gain any support is appalling and outrageous.

In every sense of the word ,  Control is what takes away freedom.

This topic now will probably be deleted or closed just because it is worthy and justified, but it also casts doubt or grievances against how a moderator has handled it.

so it will disappear,    Or be pushed out of a window.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Who said anyone could do that ?

I certainly didn’t agree, and ima member of that club.

It was either put it in a club, or close the thread.

given that choice, I feel moving the thread to be the right thing to do.

It is in The Adult table- a club full of many of the people that have added to the thread anyway, so it is amongst those that care.

Closed thread or re located thread

You choose.

It is their house, so it is their rules.

• Cheers 2

I observed the war thread without posting. Feeling slightly intimidated not knowing if I actually knew enough to involve myself. so the jist of this, one CAN  easily feel intimidated. Once I realized my own knowledge of the subject was sufficient I started. Now with an invitation fence. I could see intimidation at play with others.  a persons knowledge of a subject whether it’s high , low shouldn’t limit inclusivity. The invitation might do just that. 

• Like 3