The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Pierre-Luc Dubois to Kings for Gabriel Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd-round pick

51 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Dude’s already 25, I’d be surprised if we see a crazy amount more from him than we already have. I think he’s rated right about where he should be by most. Very solid top six, capable as #1 if needed to play there. 

Different player than Bo but similar roster capabilities I’d say. 

Yup and nothing wrong with that at all. I think the legit #1C talk can be reigned in a little bit. Nothing wrong with being a Bo Horvat type player there is always 10-15 teams at any given time looking for one.

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

So Kopitar - Dubios - Danault 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the best top 9 center line up in the western conference? 

Haven't seen a line up this good since Crosby - Malkin - Staal 

Is it?  Wasn't that what we said about the Canucks going into last season...Sad Happy Hour GIF

EP > Kopitar ... Miller > PLD  ... Horvat > Debault etc etc ... 

Doubt Kopitar has that much left in the tank.   And not sure how PLD will do as a number one. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Highly doubt it.

LA has very good leaders with big personalities on their team. 

A guy like Doughty will put him in his place real quick. 

Dubois won't be allowed to act like a brat on a team with players who won 2 Cups And were the leaders on those up winning teams..

Babysitting is exhausting...hopefully more of that than winning 

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Highly doubt it.

LA has very good leaders with big personalities on their team. 

A guy like Doughty will put him in his place real quick. 

Dubois won't be allowed to act like a brat on a team with players who won 2 Cups And were the leaders on those up winning teams..

Angry Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

LAK only have $4.5m in cap space with a roster of 16 players.

They do have a bunch of ELC and RFA guys but likely have to move out another large-ish contract to be able to ice at least 22 players.

Maybe they try and move Moore and his $4.2m cap hit?

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

They do have a bunch of ELC and RFA guys but likely have to move out another large-ish contract to be able to ice at least 22 players.

Moore isn’t going anywhere. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Is this a better return than the Horvat trade? Also is PLD better than Horvat?

PLD is a lot younger and better than Bo. Way tougher to play against. But we got more for Bo because Allvin the great turned the first into Hronek. We win! 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

They also need a goalie.  

Moore's extension hasn't even kicked in and they gave him 5 years.  Has a 10 team NTC starting Saturday where he can try and guess the teams they could trade him to and put them on his list.  

Maybe Arvidsson as he only has 1 year left and he's already 30.  Teams have been calling per Friedman.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, mll said:

They also need a goalie.  

Moore's extension hasn't even kicked in and they gave him 5 years.  Has a 10 team NTC starting Saturday where he can try and guess the teams they could trade him to and put them on his list.  

Maybe Arvidsson as he only has 1 year left and he's already 30.  Teams have been calling per Friedman.

Yep can't see anyone wanting to take on 5 years of an undersized/underperforming winger in Moore. We are having enough trouble moving Garland with 3 years remaining. Arvidsson seems the obvious choice.

Just now, BigTramFan said:

Yep can't see anyone wanting to take on 5 years of an undersized/underperforming winger in Moore. We are having enough trouble moving Garland with 3 years remaining. Arvidsson seems the obvious choice.

Reminds me of the Greenway extension in Minnesota.  Teams like a line and wants to keep them together but Greenway/Moore are 3rd wheels to the lines.  GREEF line on the Wild and here 'nice' line in LA.  New players are added, lines change and the extension is then a mistake.  Minnesota got out of it.  LA will have a much tougher time.  

• There it is 1