The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Not good at center. I’d pass on Sharangovich. We already have Mikheyev to fill that middle 6 left winger role.

Would need to be winger for winger which then begs the question why would they want one of our smaller, more expensive wingers.

With Jets wanting younger win now players, I wonder if Boeser to Winnipeg for Wheeler contract and Logan Stanley could be something of interest.

Wheeler is on the last year, and can be flipped at the TDL or be used in a RW role on the 2nd or third line and would provide some size and offense. 

Stanley should provide us with some size and PK options on the back end.

Hughes/Juulsen

Stanley/Hronek

Wolanin/Woo

Burroughs

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Would need to be winger for winger which then begs the question why would they want one of our smaller, more expensive wingers.

They are trading him because of cap issues.  Fitzgerald already identified size up front as a concern last off-season.  

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

With Jets wanting younger win now players, I wonder if Boeser to Winnipeg for Wheeler contract and Logan Stanley could be something of interest.

Wheeler is on the last year, and can be flipped at the TDL or be used in a RW role on the 2nd or third line and would provide some size and offense. 

Hughes/Juulsen

Stanley/Hronek

Wolanin/Woo

Burroughs

Stanley is not a 2nd pairing player. He has averaged 14 minutes a game in his career. He is a poor man's Myers, that basically bankrupt.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Hughes/Juulsen

Stanley/Hronek

Wolanin/Woo

Burroughs

That's a trash defense.  What happened 6M myers.  Woo isn't even on the Canucks depth chart, barring injury he may never get a nhl game here.  Hirose is already ahead on the depth chart.

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Hughes/Juulsen

Stanley/Hronek

Wolanin/Woo

Burroughs

Looks like Wheeler is going to get bought out.  He has an NMC so he doesn't need to go through waivers if he doesn't want to.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Looks like Wheeler is going to get bought out.  He has an NMC so he doesn't need to go through waivers if he doesn't want to.  

If Wheeler gets bought out I could see him signing a cheap deal with the bruins.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Management is gonna realize what some of us have realized for awhile. Trading Miller is the only way they’re going to improve.

He frees up cap and can acquire a young center and pieces that can be flipped in order to upgrade the D.

I agree there.

Only thing is we then need two centers.

Get one in the trade and have cap room for another and two D.

We would fill our holes.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I agree there.

Only thing is we then need two centers.

Get one in the trade and have cap room for another and two D.

We would fill our holes.

The third line center can be a cheap stop gap until Raty or the 11th pick is ready.

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Management is gonna realize what some of us have realized for awhile. Trading Miller is the only way they’re going to improve.

He frees up cap and can acquire a young center and pieces that can be flipped in order to upgrade the D.

and that will dawn on them July 2.

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Patiently waiting (not so patiently) to see our name in some trades... if we're really that active, something will give eventually. 

I'm really hoping to see Allvin lay low when it comes to adding players. 

Cap space is disappearing by the hour around the league. 

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

Patiently waiting (not so patiently) to see our name in some trades... if we're really that active, something will give eventually. 

Knowing they’ve been very active in trade discussions (per multiple reports), the fact that we’re not involved in the first few trades increases my confidence.

Let a few targets come off the market to allow secondary markets to open up. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm really hoping to see Allvin lay low when it comes to adding players. 

Cap space is disappearing by the hour around the league. 

Agreed. Given the premium on cap space, that will be interesting to track as we approach the draft and UFA

• Upvote 1