The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Yegor Sharangovich

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

Waiting for the significant cap increase, along with Gavrikov and Kuzmenko

I understand it for the player, but for Calgary it seems pretty dumb. You get a young player, that can chip in with 35-45 points, play the wing, center and kills penalties. I would want a longer term deal. 

5 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I understand it for the player, but for Calgary it seems pretty dumb. You get a young player, that can chip in with 35-45 points, play the wing, center and kills penalties. I would want a longer term deal. 

Calgary is desperate to get signatures on the dotted lines. Not in a position to be holding out for perfect deals that they want. 

15 minutes ago, KKnight said:

They don't really have any other option.  Sharangovich is arbitration eligible and max in arbitration is 2 years too. 

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

debatable, last seasons stats. 

Beauvillier.      82 18 22 40 -10

garland.           81 17 29 46 -5

sharangovich. 75 13 17 30 -3

Oh helpful a player analysis based solely on counting stats. 
He is bigger, faster and makes things happen at a high rate. More suited to a depth role than these two and is a decent complimentary winger in the top 6 when needed. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Oh helpful a player analysis based solely on counting stats. 
He is bigger, faster and makes things happen at a high rate. More suited to a depth role than these two and is a decent complimentary winger in the top 6 when needed. 

hey, you said he's a better player. I said that's debatable and posted their stats from last season.

if Yegor is a better player then his stats would imply that, yes?

stats are literally the metric used to define a players worth, if he signed a 2 year deal @ 3.1 then that would imply that he is not as good of a player as Garland or Beauv who were also RFA when they signed the contracts that they currently play under.

Depth role? Garland and Beauv are point producers and not bottom 6 Pker/ match up.

yes he is bigger maybe faster but that doesn't mean he is a better player.

Was Justin Bailey better then Toffoli?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Looks like he doesn’t want to stay too long in Calgary lol

Same calculation as Kuzmenko who has the same agent and also only signed for 2 years.  They are betting on a larger deal once the cap goes up vs signing long term when the cap is still flat.

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Calgary is desperate to get signatures on the dotted lines. Not in a position to be holding out for perfect deals that they want. 

I would have pushed for just a 1 year deal. Then he’s still RFA at the end of it. This contract just walks him to unrestricted free agency.

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I would have pushed for just a 1 year deal. Then he’s still RFA at the end of it. This contract just walks him to unrestricted free agency.

Yikes, didn't realize this walks him to UFA. Mind you, Calgary has tons of players to deal with next off-season. 

Kinda feel bad for Craig Conroy.