The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Matt Irwin

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

No.

Contractual obligations .

One way was in Tryamkins contract for a reason.

BTW “the Canucks” at that time weren’t asking Tryamkin to go to Utica (eastern USA) .

The Coach was demanding it as a training stint..  and used his authority to sit the player.

Tryamkins stats at that time were already better than 4 roster D men.

Which he and his agent pointed out to Benning.  Fact.

Benning and management called the meeting to get to the bottom of the situation.

Management decided Tryamkin was right for not going to Utica for 3 games to “train”,  as he was already training here while WD decided to sit him out.

And, get this ,.   It wasn’t in his contract.

Ultimately, just another reason to FIRE Desjardins. Which should have occurred the year before because of his asinine deployment of lines and pp pm’s.

I know you like to state / and think I come up with excuses.

But what’s your excuse for NOT knowing the facts,  and why do you constantly troll me this way 73?

it really makes you look weak not knowing anything about a player other than reading and absorbing headlines from the media in this town.

I will just block you if it continues.

Your refusal to hold Tryamkin accountable for his short comings is laughable. I wasn’t high on WD nor am I a WD fanboy it was obvious to anyone with eyes Tryamkin was not in NHL shape to start the season. No amount of plugging your ears and stamping your changes that. 

Also the irony of calling me weak yet threatening to block me Tryamkin is hilarity at its finest. When you consistently attacked any Horvat supporter and continuously trolled long after the trade too. Pot meet kettle. 

Also contractual obligations work both ways his obligation was to show up in NHL shape, he didn’t. 

Edited by canuck73_3

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Your refusal to hold Tryamkin accountable for his short comings is laughable. I wasn’t high on WD nor am I a WD fanboy it was obvious to anyone with eyes Tryamkin was not in NHL shape to start the season. No amount of plugging your ears and stamping your changes that. 

Also the irony of calling me weak yet threatening to block me Tryamkin is hilarity at its finest. When you consistently attacked any Horvat supporter and continuously trolled long after the trade too. Pot meet kettle. 

Also contractual obligations work both ways his obligation was to show up in NHL shape, he didn’t. 

A 21 year old , drafted by us, Rookie year from a country run by Nazis , coming to an unfamiliar country and environment/ culture in North America.

I put more responsibility on communication to the player by management and staff.

There wasn’t any.

You stick your headlines,  but there isn’t much intelligence in that..   and it shows.

Adios.

Just now, SilentSam said:

A 21 year old , drafted by us, Rookie year from a country run by Nazis , coming to an unfamiliar country and environment/ culture in North America.

I put more responsibility on communication to the player by management and staff.

There wasn’t any.

You stick your headlines,  but there isn’t much intelligence in that..   and it shows.

Adios.

Stick to your insults, hypocrisy and refusal to see the truth. By the way I don’t read headlines from our parasitic media…

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I am still scratching my head on this signing.

We could have used the money to get a better 3C.

Time will tell if it was worth it or not.

TDL what is he worth a 7th?

He's mostly here to teach the youngins & be a depth callup for when injuries hit like they do every year. Good signing IMO. 

27 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We got a better 3C, Blueger. 

34 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Can tell if people are just doing this to piss other posters off. :lol:

But I’ll bite and say it again. This money has no bearing on our ability to sign a 3C as Irwin can be 100% buried in the minors. And if he makes the team he’s not making any more than any depth defenseman would be making.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can tell if people are just doing this to piss other posters off. :lol:

But I’ll bite and say it again. This money has no bearing on our ability to sign a 3C as Irwin can be 100% buried in the minors. And if he makes the team he’s not making any more than any depth defenseman would be making.

He makes the team as a 6/7 makes our PK better all for only 775k or worst case scenario it’s like he never even signed here. Absolutely bizarre anyone is complaining about this :picard:

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Telling me you don't understand how the cap system works without saying you don't understand how the cap system works:lol:

• Cheers 1

We've added a lot of defensive defense man so this actually makes room to add a defenseman with offensive flair. So I could see both Rathbone and Hirose get protected minutes on the 3rd pairing. And/or 2nd pp unit. Last year I didn't think so but this year is different. 

• Cheers 1