The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Matt Irwin

So, Soucy, Cole and Irwin all added to the left side. I thought they would make space for Hirose after his great showing late last season. Hopefully they have a plan for Akito as I don't want him to be press-box surfing and getting cold like Rathbone last year.

• Cheers 1

What happened to getting younger Alvin!!!! Not a fan on this signing!!! We need better this!! This signing doesn't make any sense to me right now!!

With limited spending and you do this kind of signing...awful!!!

Edited by RolexSub
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 5
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 3

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Unless we trade for Pesce and Soucy is there ::D

I doubt Carolina is giving him away. Not worth throwing away assets for 30 year old Dmen who will be looking for big paydays

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

As Craig Button would say, we're cornering the market on bottom pair defensemen.

As ronthecivil would say, Button must not have seen last year where we cornered the market on AHL defensemen, up and down the lineup!

Is Button right? Ya kind of, in a worst case scenario kind of way.

It's still an improvement though! What's most important, is if they ae as long no more MEH in five on five (can't be worse) than the crew last year, at least a lot of them have PK experience. If the PK is at least MEH, put it all together, it's a giant improvement!

Just now, RolexSub said:

What happened to getting younger Alvin!!!! Not a fan on this signing!!! We need better this!! This signing doesn't make any sense to me right now!!

Every team signs veteran depth to call up. Pretty standard. 

I think some people are forgetting how many D men we went through last season. :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With limited spending and you do this kind of signing...awful!!!

One year

Could contain: Clothing, Hat, Face, Head, Person, Photography, Portrait, People, Crowd