The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IGNORE

Gator

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 18 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League

ROUNDS: 40 (snake draft)

22/23 PROSPECT LIMIT: 10

1 max in first 10 rounds

3 max in first 20 rounds

That is not a final ruling, but is currently where my head is at in terms of how the draft will be done. Looking to get some feedback.

We will have a cap space year 1 that mirror's the NHL (this is dependant on having a full 32 team league).. If we don't we may still have a cap space, it'll just be inflated based on number of teams we have.

All players not drafted will be free agents, unless they'd be eligible for the 2024 draft. All free agents will be shopped by agents to give everyone a chance at them.

Any team that makes an original offer for said players will have a slight edge on the negotiations and they may sign for a tad cheaper with them over a team that came in after the agents shop them in the thread. That is no guaranteed, as other factors will also come into play, but you do get "brownie points" for that early offer. 

Things that will be factored into the first waive of free agents include...

- Player relations

- Current state of team. A team that drafted with mainly the future in mind, shouldn't expect to sign a guy that's looking to win now, even if (in some cases) more $/term was offered.

- Initial offer will definitely give you an edge in talks. Especially when weighing options between 2 similar teams

- Money vs win now. This will come down to a players age/situation. For instance, an aging guy will likely want to win over making money, and a player in his prime will likely be looking for that lucrative longterm deal. Some may want both. Every situation will be different, and I believe with the right agents it will be a very smooth/stress free experience for everyone.

... As the years go on "tenure" will play a major role in the free agents process as well.. However other things will still be looked at. Like if you had a guy 5+ years, but he's 33, and you're rebuilding, he will likely leave despite tenure. Captains may stick around just because, but is no guaranteed. The goal is to bring as much of a real life feel to players decision making as possible. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Or, possibly it was here Gator was asking me about..?

This is the place!

Just check the OP and take a team that's not selected and I'll lock you in. I just sent you a message giving you the basics of how these leagues work, but if you have any questions feel free to ask in the thread, GMs are pretty helpful with the newbies (just tread carefully in the trade talks lol).

Hope to see you join!

15 minutes ago, Gator said:

ROUNDS: 40 (snake draft)

22/23 PROSPECT LIMIT: 10

1 max in first 10 rounds

3 max in first 20 rounds

That is not a final ruling, but is currently where my head is at in terms of how the draft will be done. Looking to get some feedback.

We will have a cap space year 1 that mirror's the NHL (this is dependant on having a full 32 team league).. If we don't we may still have a cap space, it'll just be inflated based on number of teams we have.

Great, glad you went with the sane choice :P

For time limits what are you thinking? 4-8 hours per pick and make up skips whenever you can?

Usually you want the time limit just about long enough that PO starts complaining in the thread or there isn't enough time for the working man to get their picks in ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Great, glad you went with the sane choice :P

For time limits what are you thinking? 4-8 hours per pick and make up skips whenever you can?

Usually you want the time limit just about long enough that PO starts complaining in the thread or there isn't enough time for the working man to get their picks in ;)

Not sure exactly how I'll approach this yet. I want the draft done by OCT 1st at the latest if possible

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 17 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
  • Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 16 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
On 7/15/2023 at 9:03 PM, Gator said:

METROPOLITAN

Carolina Hurricanes - @Down by the River

Columbus Blue Jackets

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders - @NUCKER67

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins - @Bob.Loblaw

Washington Capitals

ATLANTIC

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabers

Detroit Red Wings - @Gally

Florida Panthers

Montreal Canadiens - @Rush17

Ottawa Senators - @HighOnHockey

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs - @Caboose

CENTRAL

Arizona Coyotes - @Bounce000

Chicago Blackhawks - @Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars - @Primal Optimist

Minnesota Wild - @MeanSeanBean

Nashville Predators - @BigTramFan

St. Louis Blues

Winnipeg Jets - @arby18_

PACIFIC

Anaheim Ducks

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Seattle Kraken - @grandmaster

Vancouver Canucks - @Gator

Vegas Golden Knights - @Relyt Krets

We're half way there!

16 spots left. Jump in now before it's too late!

Kinda Wild (heh no pun intended), there is a whole section of posters I've never seen on CDC before playing fantasy hockey. I've been around a long... long time and recognize many posters. But then I come here and see a few people I have never seen around before. 

Because this is based on points, we aren't trying to build the best hockey team, but it's more about points. A defensive player won't bring us extra value for his defensive play? Does all the chat's happened here, or do we use a different app for general conversations? 

I have many questions, but let's start with the basics

25 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Kinda Wild (heh no pun intended), there is a whole section of posters I've never seen on CDC before playing fantasy hockey. I've been around a long... long time and recognize many posters. But then I come here and see a few people I have never seen around before. 

Because this is based on points, we aren't trying to build the best hockey team, but it's more about points. A defensive player won't bring us extra value for his defensive play? Does all the chat's happened here, or do we use a different app for general conversations? 

Usually there are points given for goals, assists, plus/minus, penalty minutes

Then bonus points are assigned for

game winners,  shorthanded points, powerplay points.

Goalies get points for wins, defenceman get MORE points for goals, assists.

I will say Gator hasn't set a scoring system so it could be anything.

Most leagues have a discord server where people chat, but usually you can do everything via CDC PM.

37 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

No scoring system in place yet, but will likely be similar as the one in FL & GML. They have their scoring systems within the first couple posts of the leagues.

Will have 1 set shortly. Will be released along with the rest of the CBA in what I'm hoping will be 1-2 weeks time.

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 15 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
  • Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 14 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
1 minute ago, HighOnHockey said:

Hits and blocks and such would be interesting.

Totally.

Our defence is a classic example of this.

We need a shot blocking/ hitting machine to partner Hughes. 

While the " grunt work" doesn't get the accolades points do, it is still a very important part of defence.

Actually that is the definition of defence.

2 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Hits and blocks and such would be interesting.

I am a fan of that, but I will need to try and find a sweet spot.. I don't want to see a Borowieki or Gudas become a top 10 Dman in the league making like $2M aav lol.. But I do like the outside the box scoring.. Haven't really discussed the scoring structure behind the scenes yet, but we will be looking into it shortly for sure.

Priority atm is teamsheets and filling up the league. With only 14 spots available, I would say we're ahead of schedule right now, so hopefully it won't be too long for a CBA to be rolled out.

Also I will always be an open ear for ideas to improve the league, even after the CBA is released. This is my first time trying to organize something this big so I'm sure it won't be perfect, but getting ideas like this from y'all will really help me form this league into one everyone can enjoy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

I am a fan of that, but I will need to try and find a sweet spot.. I don't want to see a Borowieki or Gudas become a top 10 Dman in the league making like $2M aav lol.. But I do like the outside the box scoring.. Haven't really discussed the scoring structure behind the scenes yet, but we will be looking into it shortly for sure.

Priority atm is teamsheets and filling up the league. With only 14 spots available, I would say we're ahead of schedule right now, so hopefully it won't be too long for a CBA to be rolled out.

Also I will always be an open ear for ideas to improve the league, even after the CBA is released. This is my first time trying to organize something this big so I'm sure it won't be perfect, but getting ideas like this from y'all will really help me form this league into one everyone can enjoy!

A good friend of mine once pointed out to me prominently regarding an ESPN Keeper league: "significant quantitative blocked shots just means they can't get the puck out of their own zone and have to block a lot of shots."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighOnHockey said:

A good friend of mine once pointed out to me prominently regarding an ESPN Keeper league: "significant quantitative blocked shots just means they can't get the puck out of their own zone and have to block a lot of shots."

How true is that :lol:

Edited by Gator