The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade and Signings

Trade Beauvillier for 3rd round pick (Detroit)

Sign Pius Suter 2.5 million X 2

Sign Patrik Nemeth 1.5 million X 2

Kuz - EP - Boeser

Mik - Miller - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Podz

Joshua - Blueger - Aman

Studnicka - Pearson

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

Nemeth - Myers

(Irwin)

Demko

Martin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Trade Beauvillier for 3rd round pick (Detroit)

Sign Pius Suter 2.5 million X 2

Sign Patrik Nemeth 1.5 million X 2

Kuz - EP - Boeser

Mik - Miller - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Podz

Joshua - Blueger - Aman

Studnicka - Pearson

Hughes - Cole

Soucy - Hronek

Nemeth - Myers

(Irwin)

Demko

Martin

It’s good but can’t have Garland and expect to be a winning club. Keep new Beau and dumperoo Garland. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s good but can’t have Garland and expect to be a winning club. Keep new Beau and dumperoo Garland. 

Over the last three years Garland has 137 points in 207 games and 21 points in 20 World Championship games in that time frame. He is good enough to play as a top 6 winger.

Mik - Miller - Garland        All play a high intensity style, we just need them to be more consistent this year.   

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Over the last three years Garland has 137 points in 207 games and 21 points in 20 World Championship games in that time frame. He is good enough to play as a top 6 winger.

Mik - Miller - Garland        All play a high intensity style, we just need them to be more consistent this year.   

Garland sucks pucks. He’s got to go. Coral away more Nenning stain.

New Beau is a better 200 foot player. 
Garland for a third would be fantastic!

Clear his cap and clean the stain. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Garland sucks pucks. He’s got to go. Coral away more Nenning stain.

New Beau is a better 200 foot player. 
Garland for a third would be fantastic!

Clear his cap and clean the stain. 

Much harder to move as teams not looking to take on long term cap. Beau has a year left then UFA. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Much harder to move as teams not looking to take on long term cap. Beau has a year left then UFA. 

Good point. Beau is on his last year and at a good number. I just want the Benning stain completely gone. Garland and Myers have to go for us to be cleansed of Benning. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point. Beau is on his last year and at a good number. I just want the Benning stain completely gone. Garland and Myers have to go for us to be cleansed of Benning. 

Let Garland recoup some value with another strong scoring output, coupled with an increased salary cap.  He'll be easier to move when that happens and he has less term left.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Let Garland recoup some value with another strong scoring output, coupled with an increased salary cap.  He'll be easier to move when that happens and he has less term left.

lol he ain't recouping no value.. teams look at garland.. will look at him being completely useless against good teams.. his negative production and his -17 looks god awful against teams that's at playoff contender level.. look thru his stats against playoff teams the last 3-4 years.. it's not a 1 off lol. he's good against garbage teams... and that's all he's good at.. benching him against the good teams might have netted a few extra wins lol since he can't score against them and is a liability against them

• There it is 1

If only they could morph Garland with Boeser. 

I really like Garland's gritty play, he goes to the dirty areas, always getting in opponents' faces after whistles and creating some havoc, pushing and shoving bigger players after the whistle just to frustrate them. But he's a small guy and won't hurt anyone, really. Boeser needs to do more of this, though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I was reading Canucks Army and they had an article on 4 trades the Canucks could make before the season starts (grain of salt)

to NSH - Beauvillier

to VAN - 2nd (2024)

to SJ - Myers (bonus paid)

to VAN - 4th (2024)

to CHI - Pearson (50%)

to VAN - 4th (2025)

to OTT - Garland

to VAN - Mattieu Joseph and 3rd (2025)

Kuzmeko - Pettersson - Boeser

Mikheyev - Miller - Joseph

Hoglander - Blueger - Joshua

DiGiuseppe - Aman - Podkolzin

It would create a lot of cap space and extra mid picks for the next two drafts.

Doubtful this stuff happens, but I would be very pleased if it did. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was reading Canucks Army and they had an article on 4 trades the Canucks could make before the season starts (grain of salt)

to NSH - Beauvillier

to VAN - 2nd (2024)

to VAN - 4th (2024)

to CHI - Pearson (50%)

to VAN - 4th (2025)

to OTT - Garland

I like all the aforementioned moves except for Garland. I'd keep him over Joseph to be in our top 6.

54 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

to NSH - Beauvillier

to VAN - 2nd (2024)

to VAN - 4th (2024)

to CHI - Pearson (50%)

to VAN - 4th (2025)

to OTT - Garland

If Drake Batherson is one of the guys that gets suspended then Ottawa would definitely be interested in either Garland or Beauvillier...

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why?

Don't we like powerplays?

In 21/22 he was 30th in the league in points 5v5. 

I don't understand why you hate this guy. He's got more jam between his toes than Brock has in his on ice play.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Drake Batherson is one of the guys that gets suspended then Ottawa would definitely be interested in either Garland or Beauvillier...

Tarasenko is apparently the one they are after.  Ottawa has no cap space but if they get suspended without counting against the cap then it would open up some room.  Suspensions typically count against the cap though.  

30 minutes ago, mll said:

Tarasenko is apparently the one they are after.  Ottawa has no cap space but if they get suspended without counting against the cap then it would open up some room.  Suspensions typically count against the cap though.  

They might need two wingers not one if Batherson is suspended.  But yeah if Batherson gets suspended and still counts against the cap then they are screwed...

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

Why?

Don't we like powerplays?

In 21/22 he was 30th in the league in points 5v5. 

I don't understand why you hate this guy. He's got more jam between his toes than Brock has in his on ice play.

Benning stains must be washed out for us to be winners. Garland is a small stain that needs to go. New Beau is a much better player. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Benning stains must be washed out for us to be winners. Garland is a small stain that needs to go. New Beau is a much better player. 

I agree Garland should be moving on but not that Beau is a better player.  Nothing supports that.

He is a better forechecker, at least as bad defensively, not a better scorer, doesn't generate the 5v5 points that Garland does and doesn't draw the penalties he does.

They are similar in that they are small middle six wingers that need a protected role.

Frankly would keep Hogz and do everything I could to jettison these 2.

Edited by DrJockitch