The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor Bedard says he’s not throwing away any of his Canucks gear despite being a Blackhawk

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bedard isn’t going to be as good as many believe he will be. He’s small and lacks top end speed. He will put up pints on the PP but at 5 on 5 he will struggle to defend and get up the ice. He’s a Chicago Blackhawk now, and must be hated. 

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bedard isn’t going to be as good as many believe he will be. He’s small and lacks top end speed. He will put up pints on the PP but at 5 on 5 he will struggle to defend and get up the ice. He’s a Chicago Blackhawk now, and must be hated. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525l6tz2p4vr2pojb85

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

He's built like a fire hydrant. He's already got 10lbs on Petey despite being 5 inches shorter. As for his height he's an inch shorter than Crosby. I'm not worried about his size, just like I'm not worrying about Hughes.

As for his top-end speed, relative to what? He's not a burner like McDavid but not every player has to play exactly like McDavid to be an elite talent. He's going to be a very, very good player, despite only being slightly taller than your average male. 

I don't feel any obligation to hate him just because he plays for the most despicable franchise in the league either. Until he does something to aggravate me I have no ill will towards the kid. I don't hate Joe Sakic just because he played for the rival Avs or Paul Kariya the Ducks. 

Edited by McBackup