The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Shorthouse signs new deal, coming back on Canucks TV broadcasts

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dave Tomlinson back in the summer suggested he was returning to Canada for another opportunity. He was a former 1040 color analyst and worked much of 2011 beside John Shorthouse for better half of 4 seasons when Shorthouse was on the radio.

Could contain: Page, Text, Person, Face, HeadPo

I think most likely that due to Ferraro still being employed another year with ESPN he will take a few of those games (2 that will be nationally broadcasted with the Canucks on ESPN) and a few sprinkled here and there, and Tomlinson will fill in the rest.

I also would think Tomlinson may also make appearances on sportsnet 650 with Brendan Batchelor, as much of last year due to Corey Hirsch's departure, Randip Janda, Brett Festerling, Mike Santorelli were used throughout the season, but none of them really were good matches.

Shorty and Batchrlor doing PBP. Colour is either Ray or Dave. Those other guys, like Janda, Festerling are craperolla. Keep them off our radio! 

Didnt realize him leaving was even a thing until I heard the news he was staying, great news obvs!

The rumour about the colour commentary is Ferraro (in time), part time now then full time when he's done his ESPN contract. I can't remember exactly where I heard it but I recall there being some buzz about that after Cheech announced his retirement. 

I'm hoping that's the case, we are used to such a high-bar with John+John, and it makes sense given Ray & Cammi live here. I think Tomlinson would be a fine replacement in the meanwhile, or Hirsch too (I know many don't like him but I think he's solid).