The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite CDC Memory

Rate this topic

Apricot

I thought about it, and I remember my favorite CDC moment.

VOTE FOR RORY.

That was so incredibly stupid. That felt like to me like the birth of the modern internet. I know I know, it wasn't, but it was for me. The NHL didn't know better, and the let us, the fans, make an important discussion. It felt like this grassroots movement by us, the people, to make something ridiculous happen. It's happened other times since, but it's the first time I can remember seeing something so organically happen because of an online community. It was the first thing I remember being part of that went viral.

I don't believe it truely originated here, but I know we were an integral part of making it happen. I remember the campaign online, the T-Shirts, the overwhelming feeling of victory when he got so many votes. It was really and truely a glorious time.

So yeah, that's my favorite moment on CDC.

• Cheers 1

Posting Memes after the two Bruins cup losses in the last decade.

The endless debates with the posters on this board on the rebuild/retool Benning era, some of them got pretty heated but it all came from a place of wanting this team to be better and having a Cup at the end of the day. 

Thank you all for the conversations and CDC as a whole for the memories! 

9 hours ago, 250Integra said:

- Roy baby

- When a few of my buddies created the fake Corey Perry to Canucks thread years ago and it blew up :lol:

- The guy who wrote like The Rock all the time

- When you could give negative rep points

- CDC meltdown when we traded Hodgson for Kassian

Roy baby, what a classic

And yeah, the downvote fr 

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Those were great times 

Sure were, most of the Panthers fans were honestly chill about it

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The Makavelli short vid exposing league dbl standards for 'dem Broongoons. It was so well done.

Saniel Dedin often made me laugh..that was long ago. Crazy b*gger was one of a kind.

Personally had battled the blues for a long period. This place was ideal to take one's mind away from matters one couldn't sort out. Thank you to any/all, who kept it interesting, informative, kind, joyful & civil.

Free the Saniel Dedin's 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1