The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite CDC Memory

Rate this topic

Apricot

16 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Burr actually had an account here (real one)

Well back then, it was unprecedented for an athlete to have any social accounts on the internet. There was no Twitter, instagram, etc. So having someone saying that there were someone else was easy. Photoshop was very believable.

8 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

I FRICKIN LOVE THAT MAN

And I remember they'd lined up against one of our rookies...don't remember who. And Bieksa (my hero) swooped in to exchange places with him and fight. Yep, this game was definitely up there. The site crashed.

1601225_10152192893570549_1207548083_n.j

• Cheers 1

Haven't logged onto here in 6 or 7 years. But I heard they were shutting it down I had to come back for memory's sake.

Two favorite memories from back in the day:

-CDC members almost single handedly voting Rory Fitzpatrick into an NHL all star game (yes, he was the original John Scott)

-Jeff "The Brabarian" Cowen

It's been a pleasure, CDC.

Edited by ovechkinisgod

The Burrows thread has to be the obvious winner here. It’s been years and we have still managed to keep that thread going strong.

I also appreciate every time we overreact on random rumors like “Canucks linked to possible trade for this player” and then we turn it into a 100 page thread despite having absolutely no information only to be disappointed once we don’t trade for them. 

I also appreciate going way back and seeing some people being super hyped years ago the day we signed Loui Eriksson and then seeing years later those same people pretending like they hated it from the start and saying they knew it was a terrible signing in from day 1 every time we start one of the 40 yearly threads about the worst signings/trades in Canucks history. 

On 9/16/2023 at 9:55 AM, Dr. Crossbar said:

I think my favorite memory of CDC is how cool and supportive people were when I was going through some tough times, forced to fly back east and take care of my mother, put her into a nursing home. Even if people didn't know, I'm grateful for people just being really cool. Thank you for putting up with me. 

As far as CDC happenings ...

The Shinkaruk - Granlund trade thread was pretty epic for a variety of reasons. The meltdown factor was off the chart. Those takes didn't age well. Lol

The guy who was Stalin, and he was in character, was pretty funny. 

Remember more than a few posts by ... alfstonker 

Yep , the support I received on here when each of my parents and my dog passed away meant so much to me ,what a great group of people 

This place was so much fun during the 2011 Play offs, especially the Cup finals , we all mourned together after the loss 

• Like 1

-Getting suspended after arguing with "Wetcoaster" online . A hilarious back and forth that lasted about three days.

-Posting during the 2011 run. 

-Taking the day off work to watch the draft and posting while it was happening 

Edited by cuporbust

On 9/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, Apricot said:

Alright y’all,

I know we’re all devastated over the forum closure news but how about we change it up. Let’s all share our favourite moment/memory on CDC! It can either be a thread, a post, a conversation you had someone, anything! 

I mean mine and I’m sure a lot of other people’s favourite has to be the, “Burrows? Do we really need him?” Thread. That thread will always be iconic, always made me laugh when I needed it. 

I also remembered the Boeser jersey bet I made in his rookie year and how scared I got after every point he got :lol:. Y’all never let that one go, even years later. 

I’ll miss everyone here. Come on, share for favourite moment/memory! 

My old lookalikes thread was good for a few laughs too. Some good ones in there. 

My son meeting his wife here.

And her best friend met her husband here too.

CDC 

Cool Dating Corporation

I also really loved coming in here during games to share the experience.

And meeting so many great friends here in person that I've developed "real" friendships with outside this place: Joe, Chris, Shelly, Loretta & co., Tracy, Betty, and Vern (the dear sweet man, may he RIP). There are likely more but those are my go to's. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Posting my Canuck player tribute videos, etc was a very fun time for me

https://m.youtube.com/@mycanucksdotca

I think I had more videos than that but uploaded them in various platforms.

Went through a phase of arguing with posters, now hang out more with the fantasy hockey folk and posting the occasional funny meme/gif in threads.