The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

20 minutes ago, bluesman60 said:

I posted because a topic asking if we need Burrows when he is no longer a Canuck is pointless....much like your reply.

480 pages, been weeks since Burrows was traded, seems the mods have already decided, making your original post pointless.

58 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We've covered this...no need to worry.

I think you would have the majority of true Canuck fans onboard with having this thread pinned for eternity.  It would embody the spirit of burrows completely.   Always defying odds and when people call for you to be done, you prove to everybody you still have it.  Guy is a class act and is deserving of nothing but adoration from Canuck Nation!  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Never thought of that,

I would never recommend any player ever look at this board and I'm sure the team tells them the same thing.

But in this case........I think he should see it, it takes a very special player to have something like this happen, it really is a tribute like no other.

Didn't Matt Cooke's girlfriend or wife read these forums and complain about what was said about him back in the day? I remember hearing something about that.

As if we didn't know already, yes, Vancouver really needed Burrows ;)

And though it’s bittersweet, for sure — I’m leaving with the sincere hope that this trade will be able to help the Canucks build their future.

You sure did Burr, you netted us another piece moving forward and we are grateful for that - perhaps you can reap the benefits in the near future? I hear they still have your locker stall nameplate B)

On 3/15/2017 at 3:05 PM, bluesman60 said:

Would one of the moderators please take this topic down. Burrows does not play for Vancouver so there is no need for a post.

Guy gave it all for the franchise; yeah he was well compensated but that came AFTER.  Don't think it's that much to ask to show him the proper amount of respect (he never whined, complained like some other 'Rat' that left a sinking ship).

18 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guy gave it all for the franchise; yeah he was well compensated but that came AFTER.  Don't think it's that much to ask to show him the proper amount of respect (he never whined, complained like some other 'Rat' that left a sinking ship).

Exactly, Burrows gave his heart to Vancouver. It is offensive to have a post titled ' Burrows, do we need him'.

I hope when he is all done, he signs a 1 day contract and retires a Canuck. As silly as the whole sign a 1 day contract thing is. Not only should he be a honoured Canuck but he should retire one as well, and I'm pretty sure he will. 

Long live Burr in the Blue and Green. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bluesman60 said:

Exactly, Burrows gave his heart to Vancouver. It is offensive to have a post titled ' Burrows, do we need him'.

it is not offensive

it can be viewed in a complimentary manner as well

you are just reading it negatively

i am a huge burrows supporter . ,. always have been

posted in the preseason that he needed to play with bo

that happened.. and it was all good for a couple months

i think if burrows read this post title he would simply view it as another challenge

and use it for motivation

it is actually a good title when referring to burrows.. since he was so underrated by fans here

• Upvote 1