The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines At Practice

-Vintage Canuck-

those lines just dont make much sense, has AV finally lost his marbles completely?

av tried raymond on the 2nd and it didnt work.

if raymond is back in and kass is out, raymond should be on the 4th line.

im finding it hard to be positive for weds game if this is the line combos...but AV is the coach(i guess?).

Ugh, I have no problem w/ experimenting and mixing up the lines, but how do you break up the AMEX and throw Raymond on there. Brutal, and if Kassian is a scratch, what was the point of getting him. I thought he was supposed to be the muscle and grit for opponents like Chicago??????

I really hope this is just a shake-up for practice. Demoting Higgins, is like punishing hard work and rewarding mediocrity absolute piss-poor play

Ugg...

Mason Raymond just does not fit with the team anymore. He can't play with the Sedins. His role on 3rd and 4th line is that of a speedy checker. The only place left is the 2nd line where he had some success playing with Kesler. But that hasn't worked out well at all this season. Last chance Raymond...drive hard to the net. Show us the drive you had when you potted 25 goals two seasons ago.

And isn't Pahlsson supposed to be our 3rd line centre? Isn't that why he replaced Cody?

The idea that it is a "demotion" for Higgins (of for Burrows when playing with Pahlsson and Hansen) is to misunderstand what AV is doing. In the case of Higgins playing with Malhotra and Kassian - there could be a number of reasons - first, Higgins may not be feeling great (he has had up and down health problems with his infection) and it may be done to lower his minutes and tax him less going into the playoffs - or AV could be looking to exploit the Hawks bottom-end. They are a team with a whole lot of talent in their top pairings and lines, but when you get deeper into their lineup, they are not the Cup contender they were. Third and fourth lines very regularly make the difference - the top lines pretty much did very little for Vancouver and Chicago last post-season...

Really folks, most of these over-reactions to what AV is doing are made without bothering to think about it, and lack the information he has, not to mention the fact that he is using this time to do a lot of experimenting. I like seeing these different setups, and trying them gives AV an idea of potential match-up changes he can use later on. Playing Higgins with Kassian could be a great thing for Kassian, and in a "fourth" line role, they might just "expose" the Hawks...

AV is a huge Higgins fan...always singles him out as being one of the best players on the team.My guess is that the 4th line is going to be playing a lot more minutes (over burdening the current top two lines is not a good idea at this point in the season).

We were scoreless against Minny...we've got nothing to lose.

I've come to realize that CDC constantly crying about minor lineup tweaks in mid-March while we're comfortably in 2nd place in the west is quite laughable.

Consider the alternative: Our team just lost 8-0 to a team well above us in the standings, our playoff hopes are almost totally shot, and all the line-juggling and coaching changes in the world won't stop the inevitable and early demise of the season.

imo THAT'S worthy of crying over. And believe me, that's what it's all about right now over in TO. Cheers.

TOML

"Here is a straw, suck it up and move along."

Okay now everyone before you start blowing gaskets and getting the rope to hang yourself, stop and think here. Why did we lose last year? well when we had injuries, we had to have makeshift lines that never played with each other and had no chemistry at all. So here is a thought, 2nd place is all but wrapped up so why not try to get everyone going before the playoffs start? Putting raymond in the press box sure it is deserved but i would rather be doing everything possible to try and get him ready for the playoffs rather then having him sit in the press box. ya it may be a long shot but the 2nd line has been playing good hockey so why not try to bolster raymond by putting him there? Stop being so narrowminded and blinded by the possibility of the presidents trophy, it doesnt matter! the goal is the cup and the nucks have to get ready for that.

As for the sedins, w.e im not worried. Sure they havent been scoring 4 points a night every night, but to say the league has "figured" them out? gimme a break they have been figured out for years and they have still produced for the least 4 years. So sick of fans that jump all over these guys when they have a bad stretch. deal with it.

sounds like he is playing on rolling 4 linesas long as that new 4th gets a few more minutes than a typical 4th line I have no problem with it and I am a huge Higgins fan.Higgins could be the guy to get Kas and Manny going.

Archived