The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Av Coached His Last Game At Rogers' Arena?

Hock-E-Dad

The comment wasn't about what he did, I said that because we have done this with every GM, Burke walked out as we were starting to become a Promising Contender, and after the Lock out we just weren't the same team.

same for nonis, he was just starting to build this Team up and he got Canned, we need to give Gillis more time, I believe he understands what we need to be successful, if we fail let him pick a New Coach, (which both Gm's got too)

Then if we fail, and this team loses talent then his job is considered.

But when he got here this Team did no look good, and for us to be in the Position we are now. its been a Great job done by Gillis.

yes i think so

but its gillis too

he made some bad moves

anyways, why did he get booth 4.5 over 4 years ? and ballard 4.5 over 5 years, demitra,

then he sold his top prospects grabner, hodgson

what role does alberts, rome have on the team ? why did he get a checker-pahlson when malhotra is a checker

anyways, gillis has big headaches this summer

burrows needs more money

and schneider wants a full time gig.

I think AV is too stubborn and it costs the team dearly. Same thing happens over and over again.

When Lou allowed the goal with 9 seconds left in the first you could see he was frustrated. He stopped the first 10 shots but then let in 4 goals on the next 16 shots. Even though you cant blame him for the 1st 2 goals the team needed a change after the 2nd goal. We were outplaying the Kings badly in the 2nd and after the Kings scored against the play, AV should have pulled Lou.

The last 2 goals were very weak and we ended up losing by 2.

Well your wrong Burke never wanted to leave the Vancouver Canucks. The Canucks Organization didn't want to renew Burke's contract, it was a stupid move and they should of renewed it. I'll prove it to you because I don't want a re post from you saying that's not true he walked out. First you can watch the video and really ask yourself does that sound like someone who would want to walk from this team. And then you can read the quote under that on the Canucks not renewing his contract, and it's for everyone in the world to see in Wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia....28ice_hockey%29

In myopinion, if they lose this series, especially in anything less than six or seven, neither AV nor Luongo will be able to survive in vancouver any longer. AV is my favorite coach, but I think he is relieved of his duties and returns to Montreal.......and I think Luongo and MG sit down and work out a trade to an Eastern team, possibly TB.

I don't believe its a coaching issue here. I believe the team chemistry is out of sync...the tinkering with the lineup has not meshed. Some very good players added but at the expense of cohesion.

I think sticking with Lou has not been successful when the backup has outplayed him by a huge margin.

I think Gillis will make Vigneault the scapegoat this year. Gillis's right hand man in the media(Tony Gallagher) has been throwing out that AV should go if the Canucks fail this year for a couple of months.

In reality, Gillis and the scouts are more to blame. The fact Gillis won executive of the year last season was a complete joke and the Hodgson trade was very poorly timed and unless Kassian starts to get better as a player the trade has a chance to become a disaster.Again, Gillis used Gallagher after the Hodsgon trade to suggest Cody demanded a trade. Even if Cody did want out that doesn't mean the Canucks had to trade him because he had no leverage on the Canucks but if they did decide to trade him it should have been in the offseason and not at the deadline. Gillis has made a series of mistakes now amd they are beginning to outweigh the positives he has done. The Canucks are a whiny team and it starts with Gillis, after last years Stanley Cup he basically said the Canucks lost because of the officials and lack of calls in the Boston series. He didn't own up to the fact the Canucks showed a true lack of character by not even showing up to Game#7 of the Stanely Cup. I have said for a while that the Canucks as a team are in trouble after the Sedins leave or when their play starts to decline a lot because the Canucks have very little in the farm system that can help.

The Canucks as a WHOLE are just plain stinky right now. :(

The trades Gillis did last year (Lappierre and Higgins) were great.

The trades this year (Booth, Kassian, Grananni to name a few) have been less than stellar and have hurt the team in my humble opinion.

Kessler can't shoot the puck (and skate for that matter) anywhwere near like he did last year.

Raymond skates miles and yet goes nowhere and accomplishes nothing.

Edler is well Edler and if he does one more "cute" drop pass that ends up on the opposing players stick he should be benched for the rest of his life.

Salo is seriously showing his age.

Love Malholtra for his spirit and for what he brings to the dressing room, but on the ice? Come on now.

Hamhuis and Tanev are OK but can't do it all.

The rest of the defence is disgusting.

Our once feared power play is now a vehicle for the other team to score.

Our once feared tape to tape passes are a thing of the past.

There is ZERO chemistry on this team and even AV's constant line juggling isn't going to bring that back.

Nobody shoots! Everybody passes!

AV gets out coached in the playoff games that matter.

We are 1 and 6 in our last seven playoff games dating back to last year.

This team had the last 20 games of the regualr season to "get it together" and this is the best they can come up with?

Not withstanding the injury to Daniel Sedin. Other teams have long since figured out the Sedin, Sedin, Burrows "thing" when it really matters. (playoffs obviously) Seriously needs to be revisted.

Our checking line was -4 in game one.

Seriously, the list is friggen endless right now.

:(

AV will be gone for sure. They guy can't handle and develop young players. Instead of burying Kassian on the 4th line for the last 20 games when the division was in hand he should have gave him proper minutes on the top 6 to build up his confidence so he can handle the playoffs. He stood in front of the net and made a differnce on the 2nd goal. Big body in front of the net.....there's a concept.....why not try it on that last 6 on 4....no AV just throws Mason "trip over the blueline" Raymond.

Archived