The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alain Vigneault's Extension In Vancouver Presumably Completed In The Next Two Weeks

-Vintage Canuck-

Don't tell me the Sedins having a huge increase in points and same with Kesler scoring 41 goals was just a coincidence after Sundin left. I agree he might not have helped develop them that much, but atleast a little.

Grabner I agree, but I still think we gave up on him a little early.

Shirokovs been lighting up the KHL since he left, he never got a fair chance with us, his last game he played up here he scored on a nice deke that even surprisded Kesler. But of course AV decides to cut his ice time and bench him after.

AV will never like offensively skilled players. Why do you think Naslund, Schneider, Hodgson, Linden etc, didn't like him?

It's time for a change, he's had 6 years and made it past the 2nd round once. With the talent the canucks have from goalie up to their forwards, that's just unnacceptable.

I don't know why this is so difficult for so many here to grasp. Grabner wasn't given up on. He ran out of time. He was at the play him or put him through waivers point. Considering our ENTIRE TOP SIX had just had a career year the odds of Grabner, who loved to show up to camp in poor shape, making the the team was somewhere between highly unlikely and none. Which is why he was moved. Trading him for something was better than losing him for nothing.

The advantage Bowman had in Detroit was budget. Or the lack of one. Detroit was one of the three highest spending teams in the league. There's a cap now. Detroit pretty much had a 1 in 3 chance every year pre-lockout. With a salary cap in place you have a 1 in 6 chance at best. And with the refereeing slip backwards again it makes the odds even worse. The playoffs have truly become a crap shoot.

Unless AV decides he wants a change I think you'll be disappointed. MG has made it pretty clear he's happy with what AV has done with this team. Personally, I don't think AV gets enough credit here.

I wonder how these players wouldve developed under AV if nonis was still in charge or if gillis on top helped spearhead the development while AV played a minimal role. ESP with Schneider it wasn't until this year that AV felt under his own power that he would choose to play him in a meaningful way. Even last year I distinctly remember that AV was resistant to the schedule that gillis made to give Schneider 25 regular season games.

Also to be more specific I'd say that AV is weak at developing pure offensive players. Players like Sundin and demitra had troubles in the past while young pure offensive guys like grabner and hodgson had more trouble.

Gillis emphasized better player development when he came on board and influenced AV to change to an offensive system.

I wonder how much really was the coach in terms of developing the above players.

Don't tell me the Sedins having a huge increase in points and same with Kesler scoring 41 goals was just a coincidence after Sundin left. I agree he might not have helped develop them that much, but atleast a little.

Grabner I agree, but I still think we gave up on him a little early.

Shirokovs been lighting up the KHL since he left, he never got a fair chance with us, his last game he played up here he scored on a nice deke that even surprisded Kesler. But of course AV decides to cut his ice time and bench him after.

AV will never like offensively skilled players. Why do you think Naslund, Schneider, Hodgson, Linden etc, didn't like him?

It's time for a change, he's had 6 years and made it past the 2nd round once. With the talent the canucks have from goalie up to their forwards, that's just unnacceptable.

Was watching Gillman being interviewed on the news hour tonight and boy oh boy, if you read between the lines, it really sounds like AV and the team are stuck on the length of term of the extension and AV coming back no longer seems like the given it seemed like even just a week ago.

Wonder if Aquilini is limiting the length of extension MG is offering. This could get really interesting.

Was watching Gillman being interviewed on the news hour tonight and boy oh boy, if you read between the lines, it really sounds like AV and the team are stuck on the length of term of the extension and AV coming back no longer seems like the given it seemed like even just a week ago.

Wonder if Aquilini is limiting the length of extension MG is offering. This could get really interesting.

I have this feeling that AV coming back hinges on whether or not Gillis can get Luongo out traded by the draft.

If Gillis ends up trading Schneider, I do not see AV and Luongo coexisting next season. If Luongo is traded, AV stays.

Just my suspicion.

Jeez is there nothing you lot wouldn't do to demean our team, our coaches, our young players our GM, the whole organisation.

There is no one here who knows how much AV or any of his assistants had to do with development of these players, but rather than give him the benefit of the doubt, CDC would rather rip into them.

Archived