The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.Staal, Martin to Hurricanes for Sutter, Faulk, 8th overall pick

Jesus that is an absurd overpayment on Carolina's part. Faulk was their best defenseman all year bar none and is only 20. Sutter is one of the best defensive centers who has untapped offensive potential at 23. Then to throw in #8, and THEN to have to take back Paul Martin is just a joke. If this is the offer, Pittsburgh would be foolish not to take it.

Anyone else think Carolina gets raped in this deal?

Sure Staal is a great player, and it would be a great story, but Sutter, Faulk and the 8th overall?? That's alot.

I guess Staal really was unhappy in Pittsburgh, can't blame him.

This does give Carolina three really good centers in E.Staal, J.Staal, and Skinner.

But their D-core would leave alot to be desired, and that was one of their biggest problems last season. Plus they need a couple more legit wingers.

lol I didn't know about him thinks image stall to stall he fakes he passes to stall he fakes and now stall shoot and scores. we have the 2sedins they have the 4stalls lol maybe the sutters w

ill become jealous and they will go to someteam than the nhl will become family vs family lol :bigblush:

Wow, that would be quite a payment for J Stall if this deal goes thru.

To those who propose trading away Kesler should think what he's worth before making ridiculous proposals. Stall is UFA next year and will get $6 mill + per year on his next contract. Kesler the Selke winner is signed long term at $5 mill per year.

If this is what is being offered I don't see Ray Shero saying no. J Stall will be a Hurricane next year.

I'd say both teams benefit greatly from this one.

Ruutu - E. Staal - Skinner

Jokinen - J. Staal - UFA

That's a solid 1-2 punch for Carolina.

Neal - Crosby - Dupuis

Semin? - Malkin - Kunitz

Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy

Solid top nine as well.

If I was Carolina, i would keep Sutter, Faulk and the 8th overall. They are finally developing a good team from the inside out and making this deal would absolutely be stupid for them to do. Just wait for J.Staal to be a UFA than sign them, dont trade away your essential future core for him.

Paul Martin is not worth the money he is being payed, hes not that top 2 dman anymore.

Archived