The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks - Leafs Trade Is "98% Done"

Sorry got that backwards - likelihood has dropped 59% - down to 39%.

Various factors involved - most relevant one being that the closer the Canucks look at Toronto's assets, the less attractive a deal with them looks. Other factors - the more they look at Florida, the better they look. Also, Burke's volatility makes the percentages difficult to track moment to moment, whereas Tallon and Gillis = solid negotiating foundation.

Florida 73%

Toronto 39%

I know, that doesn't add up to 100%, in fact it's more, but my sources say that doesn't matter.

I hope YOU'RE being sarcastic. Luongo for Schenn, the 5th overall pick AND a 20 goal scorer? That's more than what Vancouver had to give up for him (including the other pieces) and his trade value is at perhaps an all time low.

Just so know, most people outside Vancouver thing Luongo is overrated.

I disagree, Schroeder had a very good year last year, and really improved his two way game...........he's going to be a very good player in the NHL and a young C prospect will be more attractive to them than Raymond

Does no one here understand how the minor leagues work???

'Very good' NHL players DO NOT spend two full years in the AHL, scoring only half a point a game. You have to DOMINATE in the A to have a shot at being a good NHL'er. Even third line grinders score a point-per-game in the minors.

The fact that Schroeder has shown virtually nothing means that it is HIGHLY unlikely that he'll be anything more than a bottom-line grinder. And, that's completely ignoring the fact that he's virtually the tiniest player in the world (and our team does not need more of that type of player). The ONLY shot he has at the NHL - is if he completely turns it around and starts scoring literally twice as much (or if he quits scoring altogether and AV gets an Aaron-Rome-type crush on the man)...

Bit of a stretch to suggest Schroeder has more value than Raymond. In the long run he might but not now. I agree he focussed on his two way game last year and Mac T felt he was ready for a NHL debut. My hope for Raymond is that he gets refocussed as a 3rd liner with a PK role.

Someone suggested Schroeder only had top 6 potential which I disagree. He could center a 3rd line. He has playmaking skills which might even earn some PP time. Again all said that is the future and right now Raymond is worth more.

Actually if you listen to most people outside of Vancouver that aren't brain dead hockey fans but are coaches, players, GM's and ex-players you would realize they think very highly of Luongo than the dumb fans in Vancouver that don't realize how good they have it with a goalie like Luongo in net.

Archived