The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

I have a feeling this guy has more to show us, he`s only played 2 full seasons in the NHL. Also looking at most of his goals from last year on youtube, I realized most came off of him playing the right point, which is the same position he would play for us with Edler so I have a feeling his 16 goals weren`t a fluke.

People who aren't happy because of the price need to get a reality check. Garrison could have gotten more money. Especially with the market, and the salary cap rising. Complain about the length? That's the reason why it was brought down to 4.6M. Sacrificed some money, to be able to stay in one place longer. It's a good deal, considering what everyone else got today. Still, only 27 and is entering his prime. Hopefully, coming to Vancouver will motivate him to become a little bit more physical so the Canucks can bring the best out of him.

Though, Always good to add another defensively reliable defense man that a guy like Carle would not have. I think there will be a misconception that people think that he put up goals/points that he is a puck mover. Garrison isn't a puck mover.

It's just basic Physics. The faster you go the less your static energy . If Mason skated as slow as Hodgson or Henrik he could easily make those turns, but is that what you want ?

Most people with broken backs spend the rest of their lives with a cane if their lucky (not Patrick). You teenagers don't realize with your immature brains what it takes to overcome major life threatening injuries, let alone what it takes to make it to and stay in the NHL !!!

I have a feeling this guy has more to show us, he`s only played 2 full seasons in the NHL. Also looking at most of his goals from last year on youtube, I realized most came off of him playing the right point, which is the same position he would play for us with Edler so I have a feeling his 16 goals weren`t a fluke.

Garrison outscored Ehrhoff this year.

Garrison is a bigger body who defends better.

Garrison had a better 2nd season than Ehrhoff's first three.

Ehrhoff has never scored 16 goals.

Garrison did that with Campbell, but on the extremely low scoring Panthers.

Garrison is a cooler cat than Ehrhoff and likely had better $$offer$$.

Ehrhoff said he left to win a Cup.

Garrison wanted to play here and he's a home boy.

I got my Garrison blinders on right now - I have no problem with this deal.

Yipppppeeeee!!!! Santa didn't forget us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived