The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's funny how the story of Jamieson reportedly getting his financing together has somehow turned Shane Doan into a "prick" and this off season into "the worst in Canucks history", even though it's been reported all along that Doan preferred to re-sign in Phoenix and was going to give Jamieson every opportunity to get it done there.

It's funny how the story of Jamieson reportedly getting his financing together has somehow turned Shane Doan into a "prick" and this off season into "the worst in Canucks history", even though it's been reported all along that Doan preferred to re-sign in Phoenix and was going to give Jamieson every opportunity to get it done there.

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

Why would anybody be in such a rush to become and NHL team owner where the owners and NHLPA have a lot of negotiating to do. A partial season would be a nightmare for a new financially-challenged owner of a financially-challenged team. More importantly, how does Doan not see this as a red flag?

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

Why would anybody be in such a rush to become and NHL team owner where the owners and NHLPA have a lot of negotiating to do. A partial season would be a nightmare for a new financially-challenged owner of a financially-challenged team. More importantly, how does Doan not see this as a red flag?

Except.. he's said all along he would wait to see what was happening w/ the Phoenix ownership, and that that was always his first choice to re-sign there all along.

I sitll think it'd be dumb for him to re-sign there, as there's still no stability there, seeing as Jamison couldn't even afford to buy the team, and it's running at a loss. Anyway, Doan is not the one who whipped up all this hysteria

Well, he's said signing with the Coyotes is his preferred choice. He's waiting for the PHX ownership deal to get completed so he can sign there. That way he knows the Coyotes are guaranteed to stay their for the immediate future.

Last week on TSN Doan said his first choice is to sign in PHX.

I have never read how many investors there actually are in his group. How would you like to be that 20% investor being responsible for 20% of the ongoing debt with potentially partners who don't really care about your concerns? I know Nashville has multiple owners as well. In the PHX situation trying to get agreement amongst ownership could be a real challenge. In the USA where litigation is the national sport (not hockey) it could be a free for all. I still think Bettmen will sweeten the pot to make it all work.

If someone offers you a job on the Alberta oil sands for $100k/year with tough working conditions, a crappy company, lower quality work mates, long cold winters and you have a wife and family... Are you going to take that over a $85k/year job in beautiful Vancouver for a better company, with more benefits, better coworkers, the office has a gym and spa, has more opportunity to advance and is a better environment for your wife and kids...?

The problem with your thought is your thinking in fractions. he's not taking a 15 thousand dollar paycut he's taking a $2 million dollar pay cut.I don't know how you could possibly mix fractions with money up. It's not a math problem it's a pay cheque.

The problem is YOU are not thinking percentages. $85k is 85% of $100k (duh). $6m is 85% of $7m. I have no idea where you're even getting fractions from...?

And as I've said numerous times, he would EASILY make up the around $1m-$1.5m difference doing endorsements in a hockey market like Vancouver. What we can pay, plus endorsements, plus playing on a contender etc and all the other intangibles evens the playing field IMO.

Perhaps Jamison has been assured by the NHL that the new CBA will garner enough revenue at the expense of the players, lower the cap and re-distribute the profits in such a manner that Phoenix and other struggling teams will have a better chance at being profitable. It would explain the bizarre first offer by the owners to the NHLPA. If a 25% roll-back does happen on all contracts, it also explains why Philly, Minny and others were so willing to offer the mega-contracts in the knowledge they wouldn't have to pay them anyways.

That pisses me off, Shane Doan accepting offers from other teams just to drive an offer up from Phoenix... And Bettman the little weasel that he is is probably helping with the millions of dollars needed to salvage this Coyotes franchise. Good luck winning a cup with Phoenix! Hahaha. Loyalty is everything but saying you want to win a Stanley Cup with a cup contender which clearly isn't Phoenix, well then what was the point in saying that if it wasn't true, everyone knows in Doans tenure left in the league, if he stays with Phoenix he will never win a cup.

Archived