#1471 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

I would LOL so hard if he ended up signing w/the Coyotes :lol:

Well, he's said signing with the Coyotes is his preferred choice. He's waiting for the PHX ownership deal to get completed so he can sign there. That way he knows the Coyotes are guaranteed to stay their for the immediate future.

Last week on TSN Doan said his first choice is to sign in PHX.

#1472 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

John Gambadoro@Gambo620

Heard Jamison hard at work last two days securing final investors and that the sale will get done! Chances of Doan staying now much greater

#1473 Redemption2012

Redemption2012

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Man your fast!
^

@Gambo620: Heard Jamison hard at work last two days securing final investors and that the sale will get done! Chances of Doan staying now much greater
Go Canucks Go!

#1474 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

As I've said before, Doan probably never intended to leave. He's using other teams to get the contract he wants from Phoenix

#1475 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,467 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

John Gambadoro@Gambo620

Crap. Plan B - Jason Arnott? We could you just put Higgins on the 2nd line.

So something like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler (when healthy) - Higgins
Raymond - Arnott - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

??
Posted Image

#1476 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Is there not a conflict of interest(s) with the NHL owning Phoenix, outbidding other privately-owned teams, a money-losing and revenue-sharing team, and negotiations with the Players Association on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement where the NHL is trying to reduce players salaries and the salary cap?

How does Buttman squirm up out of the mud on this one?

#1477 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

Is there not a conflict of interest(s) with the NHL owning Phoenix, outbidding other privately-owned teams, a money-losing and revenue-sharing team, and negotiations with the Players Association on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement where the NHL is trying to reduce players salaries and the salary cap?

How does Buttman squirm up out of the mud on this one?

No.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#1478 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

No.

Your signature quote isn't nearly as ridiculous as you make it sound because Mike Green signed for only 1 million less per year than he was estimating.

#1479 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

This is BS. We're gonna waste all summer for this sht, only to find out that the prick ends up resigning with the Coyotes. I can just see it happen, I really can. Unless something dramatic happens between now and the season start, this is gotta be the worst off season ever in the history of the canucks.

#1480 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

POPULAR

This is BS. We're gonna waste all summer for this sht, only to find out that the prick ends up resigning with the Coyotes. I can just see it happen, I really can. Unless something dramatic happens between now and the season start, this is gotta be the worst off season ever in the history of the canucks.

So how's Doan a prick for being loyal to the team he's the captain of and gave him a great hockey career? The only thing dramatic here is you, with your ridiculous hysterics.

#1481 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

So how's Doan a prick for being loyal to the team he's the captain of and gave him a great hockey career? The only thing dramatic here is you, with your ridiculous hysterics.

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

#1482 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

He'll re-sign in Phoenix for sure

#1483 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

in a way I was thinking like this but you have to understand that this is his family he's effecting. he needs to be 100% sure this is what is best for him and his family

Edited by TruCanuck, 09 August 2012 - 04:42 AM.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#1484 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Last

#1485 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Today is going to be a good day *wake up, pour some coffee, sip some coffee, and BAM... PAGE 50!!

#1486 shane1733

shane1733

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Today is going to be a good day *wake up, pour some coffee, sip some coffee, and BAM... PAGE 50!!

EXACTLY what Im doing right now.

#1487 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Relax dude most GMs on contending teams have made only subtle moves so far. Teams like Vancouver Detroit St Louis Chicago San Jose LA can afford to wait untill the right deal happens and not wig out. In the east the Rangers Carolina and Pittsburg are the only teams to make big deals. Philly tried to get the spot light but got nothing but a rotten egg on their face. Boston is another team just waiting in the weeds for the right deal to come along.

#1488 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,911 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Sundin did the same, it turned out fantastic for us.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#1489 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

He claims to have the additional $20M needed to buy the team but it also says he still needs to find the capital to run it. In addition, there is a court hearing on the 24th by a higher court to look at the petition that was rejected by the lower courts. The Goldwater group is still a threat to sue as well.

Scraping together the cash to buy a money-losing hockey franchise, is a recipe for disaster. They will be a budget team barely making the cap floor and the product on the ice will reflect that. That leads to fewer fans and more losses and eventually, the break-up of the investment group.

The NHL is showing very poor business judgement in allowing this mistake to carry on. There's a philosophy in golf...don't let one bad shot cost you more than one stroke. The NHL hit the ball deep into the woods in going to Phoenix in the first place, tried to hit a 350 yard recovery shot through dense forest that resulted in the ball bouncing further into the trees. They'd be better to just take an unplayable lie and accept their loss.

Financing the operating losses this team has generated is a serious issue. At least another $20 mil per season. I would not be surprised to see the NHL cut him some kind of deal to help. I still suspect that this whole process by Jamieson is a preamble to moving the franchise out of PHX. Most think Quebec but I am hoping Seattle.

Who knows what Doan will do but my confidence in Van signing him is sinking. The communication lines must be still open or I suspect MG would have moved on by now.

#1490 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Nucks need to move now on the Lu deal, forget Doaner. It was his agent's tactic to use us and the other teams as negotiating bait. Let us not forget this crap for next time. Wasted bandwith and summer waiting for Doan to sign here. He'll end up with a crap cellar feeder NHL team that will no doubt be in trouble again down the road. Hope Dustin Brown hip checks him next time. Max-Lap will face wash you too when the Nux play the Yotes!
Cheers and salutations folks!
I play rough and have an opinion. Let us play with thoughts and words, and not get our sticks up beyond this binary forum. If you can play you can play is trending out on the West Siiiiiieeeeeeed of Canada. Come in peace but prepare to battle and debate. So shut up and stop wasting time reading my every word of my signature....cuz I just won the face-off while you got trapped into my lyrical vortex of fun fluffy fun von deutsch funland. Tag you are it....trade you Lu for Bolland and a prospect plus a 1st.

#1491 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

POPULAR

What the canucks' backup...we are in dire need of a top 6 fwd

Gillis seems pretty high on Kassian and the work he's done this off-season. I have my doubts (that he's "there" yet) but perhaps he's that second line winger...?

Congrats, you are part of a large group of unnecessarily panicky, spastic fans. I'm glad Gillis isn't included in that group with you.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#1492 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Nucks need to move now on the Lu deal, forget Doaner. It was his agent's tactic to use us and the other teams as negotiating bait. Let us not forget this crap for next time. Wasted bandwith and summer waiting for Doan to sign here. He'll end up with a crap cellar feeder NHL team that will no doubt be in trouble again down the road. Hope Dustin Brown hip checks him next time. Max-Lap will face wash you too when the Nux play the Yotes!

I really don't know what all you people are in such a panic for? Is there something we're missing out on in the meantime? Is there actually a reason for all this panick beyond fan impatience and a desire for SOMETHING to happen?

Doan will either re-sign with Phoenix or he'll sign elsewhere (possibly here). Villifying him for taking time to make a life/family altering decision is silly.

Luongo will get traded when Gillis feels he's getting a fair return and no sooner. That could be this week, the week before the season opener, mid December or the trade deadline. All the ranting in the world is not going to change that.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#1493 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Doan leaving Phoenix is, in my opinion, is very possible. Even if Jamison does have the rest of the money needed for the purchase, it seems to me he doesn't possess the necessary resources to sustain the team and absorb the losses they are going to endure in Arizona. The fact that his struggles just to secure the funds for the initial purchase should be a blaring siren to Buttman that this may not be their guy. In the end we all know where this is heading; Another owner abandoning a sunk ship in a couple of years, and a Commissioner looking, once again, like a moron. I don't think Doan is looking at just an immediate fix in Phoenix; He wants to know that the situation is solved long term and I don't see this being the case.

Edited by komodo1970, 09 August 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#1494 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

As per our saviour Eklund "sounds like Doan is staying." Blah blah blah, he's not credible I know, but I think we all saw this coming. oooooooo I wonder how the dominoes will fall now! Let the offseason begin...

#1495 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

POPULAR

It's funny how the story of Jamieson reportedly getting his financing together has somehow turned Shane Doan into a "prick" and this off season into "the worst in Canucks history", even though it's been reported all along that Doan preferred to re-sign in Phoenix and was going to give Jamieson every opportunity to get it done there.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1496 qwijibo

qwijibo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

It's funny how the story of Jamieson reportedly getting his financing together has somehow turned Shane Doan into a "prick" and this off season into "the worst in Canucks history", even though it's been reported all along that Doan preferred to re-sign in Phoenix and was going to give Jamieson every opportunity to get it done there.

Just shows the juvenille mindset of some of the people who post here. Expect the bile to flow freely once he officially re-signs with Phoenix

#1497 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Just shows the juvenille mindset of some of the people who post here. Expect the bile to flow freely once he officially re-signs with Phoenix

if he doesn't sign with vancity I'd rather him stay in Phoenix, rather than make the pens or nyr amazing.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#1498 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

I hear Phoenix is looking for more fans? If your so unhappy with this team I advise you try other ones you spoiled little brat

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#1499 knuck

knuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Why would anybody be in such a rush to become and NHL team owner where the owners and NHLPA have a lot of negotiating to do. A partial season would be a nightmare for a new financially-challenged owner of a financially-challenged team. More importantly, how does Doan not see this as a red flag?

#1500 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Holy overreaction Batman :picard:

Why don't you chill out and see how the season turns out before you start throwing a temper tantrum? Good teams don't need much changing in the offseason.

Besides, what do you want MG to do? Offer sheet weber for 14 year? Sign Parise and suter for 7m+ cap hits? Trade luongo for someone useless just for the sake of trading?

This is real life, not NHL 12. So chill out, have a beer, and watch and wait.

Follow me on twitter @RealStamkos91

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.