Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strombone1

[Report] Canucks also interested in Jason Arnott

181 posts in this topic

@BradZiemer: Shane Doan is the guy the #Canucks really want, but they are also talking with Jason Arnott. See him as fit for 3rd line centre position.

@BradZiemer: Arnott's agent, his brother Wade: "There seems to be some mutual interest." #Canucks

@BradZiemer: To be clear, Arnott only gets signed if Doan doesn't. #Canucks looking to get younger and can't do that with 2 guys north of 35.

Doan and Arnott would be great additions.

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Arnott-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Volpatti

Pretty sure its an either or scenario, cuz realistically no team is just gonna accept raymond ballard and luongo as cap dumps in exchange for picks.

I've always liked Arnott. He would be great on our 3rd line.

I like Arnott. Didnt get to see him play much last season though. Does he still have it?

Both would be nice. Not necessarily either, or, if they want him for the 3rd line center.

He will provide the same leadership as Doan for 5 million less per season

1yr/2m.....why not???

sedin-sedin-doan

burrows-kesler-booth

higgins-arnott-hansen

malhotra-lapierre-pinizzotto

whats the best part of this forward group?....theres no room for raymond!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he might be a better option than Doan

Cheaper, has more playoff experience including a Cup and can play center.

If we can add them both, we will have a really strong leadership group and a very deep team. We would have many options for line combinations. Sign Doan, pull the Luongo trade then sign Arnott

Arnott will be great addition

Has the Abilty to play 3rd or 4th line if your monitoring his minutues. Huge addition to the 2nd pp unit. Veteran and playoff experience. Throw him 2.5/year

Arnott is a slow now, and wore down by the playoffs for St.Louis. It's an option, but may want to give him days off.

If we sign Arnott, does that mean Manny's done? I mean, Lappy and Manny are usually in our bottom 6 as C's.

I like Arnott. Didnt get to see him play much last season though. Does he still have it?

Arnott is a good consolation prize.

Played well for St. Louis last year, and obviously helped the young guys there put it all together. Most successful season for the Blues in ages.

One thing people should be aware of though - he may be a big guy, but he's doesn't throw many hits (less than Henrik had last year, in fact). But he can protect the puck like a sonofabi***.