The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

Every game the Seahawks lose their fans cry about the refs. Blame Russell Wilson and that trash offense

Blame Russell Wilson? He set a career record in passing yards with 4 TD's no picks. 

All goes to waste because officials forgot that they are allowed to call this;

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30765-1379965433-18

9 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Every game the Seahawks lose their fans cry about the refs. Blame Russell Wilson and that trash offense

This is true. You don’t see me blaming the refs when we lose. We have a terrible offensive line, although today it was alright. 

• Upvote 1

SEA needs to fix that O line and get R Wilson some help if they want to start winning again. They've had this problem for a while and can't seem to fix it. 

Kinda like the Canucks have had that problem with icing a physical, tough team and can't shake the soft tag. 

40 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Blame Russell Wilson? He set a career record in passing yards with 4 TD's no picks. 

All goes to waste because officials forgot that they are allowed to call this;

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30765-1379965433-18

He's usually part of the problem. I mean Jimmy Graham should be balling every game but they can't ever seem to get him the ball. 

Regardless Sherman should of been kicked out. Did refs conspire then too...blaming the refs aint fixing the Hawks 

Blame Ciara :lol:

Edited by Jiggs50

19 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He's usually part of the problem. I mean Jimmy Graham should be balling every game but they can't ever seem to get him the ball. 

Regardless Sherman should of been kicked out. Did refs conspire then too...blaming the refs aint fixing the Hawks 

Blame Ciara :lol:

Should of been kicked out? He was pissed off over getting a PI call on when Decker slipped! I would have been pissed off too! That is a change in possession and instead goes the other way and Tennessee gets a 1st down on the Seattle 20. As a ref, I don't get the train of thought. You **** up on a PI call, then you give an Unsportsmanlike foul because you cant take the hea? Also that hit on Mariota wasnt late he was a good yard away from the sideline. Lewan should have been tossed for the headbutt on Sherman too.

That is twice now that Seattle has gone on the road against good teams, played well enough to win, and get screwed over by the stripes. Could very well (And you could argue should be) 3-0, instead they are 1-2.

The football gods better give us something down the line.

40 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Should of been kicked out? He was pissed off over getting a PI call on when Decker slipped! I would have been pissed off too! That is a change in possession and instead goes the other way and Tennessee gets a 1st down on the Seattle 20. As a ref, I don't get the train of thought. You **** up on a PI call, then you give an Unsportsmanlike foul because you cant take the hea? Also that hit on Mariota wasnt late he was a good yard away from the sideline. Lewan should have been tossed for the headbutt on Sherman too.

That is twice now that Seattle has gone on the road against good teams, played well enough to win, and get screwed over by the stripes. Could very well (And you could argue should be) 3-0, instead they are 1-2.

The football gods better give us something down the line.

I mean the football gods could put Seattle on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl with a handful of seconds late in the 4th and...

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I mean the football gods could put Seattle on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl with a handful of seconds late in the 4th and...

Get over it. It was like 4 years ago. That is the equivalent of a bruins fan coming up and saying "Oh we kicked you a** in the Cup final hahaha". Grow up

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Get over it. It was like 4 years ago. That is the equivalent of a bruins fan coming up and saying "Oh we kicked you a** in the Cup final hahaha". Grow up

Super Bowl 49 was 4 years ago?  Did I somehow miss Super Bowls 52 and 53?  :blink:

5 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

It will be funny to see how few of them are still around in 3 years after a few seasons of mediocrity.

I'm a newer football fan (2009 ish) but I can tell you where I'm from there were no Seahawks fans around. Before I watched I honest to god didn't even know they were a team. Then suddenly everyone had a Seahawks snapback. So annoying. 

So thats the reason I like to see them fail. Along with my hate for lynch and Sherman.

• Upvote 1

A certain :goat: did his thang yesterday.

It'll be comical with all the crap that Trump has pulled in his limited time as prez of 'merica, that telling football players to kneel or else could be the tipping point of his impeachment. 

Rule #1 of being President: Don't @#%$ with football.

Rule #2: Always obey rule #1

39 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

A certain :goat: did his thang yesterday.

It'll be comical with all the crap that Trump has pulled in his limited time as prez of 'merica, that telling football players to kneel or else could be the tipping point of his impeachment. 

Rule #1 of being President: Don't @#%$ with football.

Rule #2: Always obey rule #1

Jeff Blair wrote a good article about this:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/nfl-perfect-easy-target-donald-trump/

How better to appeal to your base, after all, than to take a shot at a bunch of uppity athletes – largely African-American – using their platform to make a statement about issues either too complex or too disconcerting for great, wide, swaths of a country where fear of “the other” can explain all manners of economic and social disparity? Let’s face it: that’s what Trump is doing; he’s picking a fight by tapping into an intellectually shallow but nonetheless deeply-felt well of hatred.

In a nutshell, it's Trump being Trump and pandering to the lowbrows who show up to his rallies and chant "Build that Wall!"....

• Upvote 3