Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#211 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Don't forget that Cannata has played a couple games on the Wolves now

#212 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Why Hockey's Future sucks as a ranking system:

Tanev has the same talent score as Sauve, and Connauton, McNally, and Tommernes have a higher ranking than him.

Gaunce has the same rating as Schroeder, but has the same low rating of success probability.

Jensen is our highest ranked prospect, but has a lower probability of success than Kassian, Lack, and Tanev.

Archibald has the same talent rating as Corrado.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#213 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,299 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Playing in European leagues give a really poor prediction of NHL success, which is why I'm not reading into Jensen's poor stats too much. Sure, they're not even that bad considering he's tied for 4th in the league in goal scoring, but could be better at just 0.5PPG. The style of game is completely different over there, and smaller skilled guys are having far more success over there compared to big skilled guys.

For example, Alex Steen is still over a point a game (23pts in 20 games with MODO) in the best Swedish league while a guy like Anze Kopitar is scoring at a slightly slower pace in the league below against easier competition.

Playing in the AHL or even KHL would have given us a much better indication of Jensen's NHL-readiness compared to the Swedish leagues. Based on his performance this season, I'd say one year in the AHL (or even 40 games) and he'd be ready to play with the big club.
Posted Image

#214 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,349 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Tanev has the same talent score as Sauve, and Connauton, McNally, and Tommernes have a higher ranking than him.

Gaunce has the same rating as Schroeder, but has the same low rating of success probability.

Jensen is our highest ranked prospect, but has a lower probability of success than Kassian, Lack, and Tanev.

i know their ratings are so brutal

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 January 2013 - 05:51 AM.

zackass.png

#215 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

good catch, updated.

#216 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,349 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

good catch, updated.

Nice to see that he came up and got the Win, and only let in 2 goals in the process after struggling a bit with the K-Wings.

zackass.png

#217 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

How did he look?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#218 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Jensen has a higher ceiling though and is ranked higher in the recent top 20 list. But I agree their ratings are a bit weird. Good idea, poor execution. I look more at the top 20 lists and scouting reports vs those ratings. But the top 20 lists are pretty bad too. Grenier at 9th? Sweatt at 17th? They rated Hoznik and Polasek yet left Archibald and Andersson off the list.
Sig too big.

#219 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Jensen has a higher ceiling though and is ranked higher in the recent top 20 list. But I agree their ratings are a bit weird. Good idea, poor execution. I look more at the top 20 lists and scouting reports vs those ratings. But the top 20 lists are pretty bad too. Grenier at 9th? Sweatt at 17th? They rated Hoznik and Polasek yet left Archibald and Andersson off the list.

I'm sure their ratings would be different at this point given that Archibald had such a lousy time with the wolves last year and Andersson was injured near the start of this year. Also Polasek basically played a full season with the Wolves last year and Honzik was expected to be much better than he has been.

I'm not trying to say their rating system is good, it's just not that bad. I'd also put Grenier higher than Sweatt.
Posted Image

#220 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm sure their ratings would be different at this point given that Archibald had such a lousy time with the wolves last year and Andersson was injured near the start of this year. Also Polasek basically played a full season with the Wolves last year and Honzik was expected to be much better than he has been.

I'm not trying to say their rating system is good, it's just not that bad. I'd also put Grenier higher than Sweatt.

no, their system is crap, and it's done by non-professionals outside the industry (aka fans)

#221 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Let nerves get to him perhaps; started with 2 goals on 2 shots. But settled down nicely and shut the door!

How did he look?

#222 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by avelanch, 06 January 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#223 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#224 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thx for updating.
Posted Image

#225 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Thx for updating.

no prob. things are gonna get a little less frequent now that we are getting close to the baby's due date. we got a lot going on right now :P

#226 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Doesn't anyone find I sad that we don't have a single point a game prospect in any league :(
We have some decent prospects alot of bottom 6 talent, But no exciting (other then Jensen) offensive talents.

#227 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,500 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Doesn't anyone find I sad that we don't have a single point a game prospect in any league :(
We have some decent prospects alot of bottom 6 talent, But no exciting (other then Jensen) offensive talents.

Don't put too much stock in junior stats.

#228 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Don't put too much stock in junior stats.

I don't but we don't really have a offensive talent to follow. Think on how fun it was to follow our prospects when Hodgson was in the hunt for a scoring title. I know we haven't had a pick high in the draft lately but I've noticed we've been taking the safe players ones with ok offensive games good defense and all around games. When's the last time was took a guy that had game flaws but was a very offensive guy similar to an Omark boom or bust.

#229 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Joe Cannatta is looking better than Lack OR Climie just now. Another great game for the Wolves.
Kevin.jpg

#230 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hope all is cool with the family and baby!

no prob. things are gonna get a little less frequent now that we are getting close to the baby's due date. we got a lot going on right now :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.