• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueberries

(Proposal)Adding depth to D and experience

18 posts in this topic

To Van:

Brett Clark

To TBL:

Adam Polasek

Steven Anthony

or

To Van:

Ed Jovanovski

To Fla:

2013 3rd round pick

No thanks, I'd rather keep Polasek than trade him for a 35 year old D-man. Jovo's contract is prohibitive as well, especially considering the money we have tied up in the rest of our D, so no reason we'd do that.

We win both trades valuewise, but they don't really help us out too much.

Can't see either teams going for it in both trades.

So in the first trade we trade two young plugs for an old plug?

But honestly id probabaly do it. Hes good defensively. No to the second deal cuz fla says no and cap space.

Tanev's solid in his own end, though he's not big; at most I would trade Ballard (if anyone wants to take him) for either a pick or directly for Cody Franson (not Jovo), since Toronto didn't seem intent on bringing him back and using him well (sounds like Keith's situation to me) --> he's young, got size, puck-moving ability, a good shot (wrist and slap) and can lay out his fair share of hits.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Franson

(I don't know if either Cody or Chris plays on the left side, and the Alex - Jason pairing is made up of two left-side defensemen, so ORIGINALLY I thought it would be better to get some balance to have the two lefties play on their natural sides and the right handed players playing on the right; Jason would've been able to cover Cody on the back end if he made mistakes and Alex would be the offensive one to Chris' sound plays and playmaking).

Tanev's solid in his own end, though he's not big; at most I would trade Ballard (if anyone wants to take him) for either a pick or directly for Cody Franson (not Jovo), since Toronto didn't seem intent on bringing him back and using him well (sounds like Keith's situation to me) --> he's young, got size, puck-moving ability, a good shot (wrist and slap) and can lay out his fair share of hits.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Franson (only doing this so each pairing has one defensive stop and one RH D-man, instead of Alex and Jason)

Edler - Tanev

Franson getting top 4 minutes instead of Edler says it all.

As for the deals, I'd really only do the first one. Clark isn't that bad of a top six D man.