The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Also watched Old Man & the Gun on the weekend. It's as quaint and charming as the lead character. I'd give both a solid 8.5/10.

I really enjoyed Old Man & the Gun. Apparently, it’s Robert Redford’s swan song. Should be, considering he’s 140 years old.

• Haha 2

Just now, Monty said:

I really enjoyed Old Man & the Gun. Apparently, it’s Robert Redford’s swan song. Should be, considering he’s 140 years old.

It was great! It's not gonna have you at the edge of your seat or anything, just a nicely written/acted/directed, quaint little charming piece of film to watch. The less annoying Affleck was good in it too :lol:

Baby Driver

Watched it in the theatre originally, and have been spending the last couple days watching it again, but meticulously this time. Man, is this film a masterclass in editing. Literally everything in the film is linked up to the music, even when the actors blink their eyes to the beat. Unbelievable.

I appreciated the movie before, but this time around is just crazy. Edgar Wright really set the bar high here. As much as I love his other movies, this is easily the best of the bunch, now. Which is saying something.

E01C8FEA-BA5A-42A6-9461-436001423ADD.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Coming To America - 6.5/10

Corny as hell, but even after over 20 years it was still good for a lot of laughs.

Get Out - 7.5/10

I wanted to rate this higher, because the first 3/4 of the movie was fantastic. But the climax/ending was a let-down.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

Corny as hell, but even after over 20 years it was still good for a lot of laughs.

K. We really need to sit down and watch a movie together sometime. I literally watched this 2 days ago.

Prime seems to have a really good selection off movies and tv shows now.

Watched Made 6/10 Most of the people from couples retreat and sopranos are in it.

Now im watching Striking Distance 7/10 Suprise Suprise Bruce willis plays a cop also has brion james in it if you dont know who he is thats bad.

Edited by Violator
  • Wat 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, D-Money said:

Get Out - 7.5/10

I wanted to rate this higher, because the first 3/4 of the movie was fantastic. But the climax/ending was a let-down.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, Monty said:

K. We really need to sit down and watch a movie together sometime. I literally watched this 2 days ago.

One of my all time favorites :lol: Still trying to get my wife to watch it...<_<

• Cheers 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, Monty said:

Captain Marvel

Wife and I started it yesterday. I walked out after 15 minutes and went to our room to rewatch Red Letter Media Half in the Bag episodes.

Very boring. Not because of the current hate towards Brie Larson (which I don’t give two sharts about), but because of superhero fatigue. In 15 minutes of viewing I could already predict the movie and what I was in for.

Yeah the movie isn't bad, it's just boring (which in my opinion is worse).  At least with a really bad movie, you can laugh *at it* (ala Plan 9 from Outer Space).  Captain Marvel is like watching a hockey game coached by two Jacques Lemaire clones.

Redlettermedia I think actually gave that movie a pass  (I forgot one of the dudes names but it's pretty obvious he's a Marvel fanboy to the point I'd guess he likes Fox Marvel movies like the Fantastic Four - which give DC movies a run for the money in terms of crap).  Their takes on the Star Wars prequels were hilarious though.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Captain Marvel is like watching a hockey game coached by two Jacques Lemaire clones.

:lol: 

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Redlettermedia I think actually gave that movie a pass  (I forgot one of the dudes names but it's pretty obvious he's a Marvel fanboy to the point I'd guess he likes Fox Marvel movies like the Fantastic Four - which give DC movies a run for the money in terms of crap).  Their takes on the Star Wars prequels were hilarious though.

I’ve watched their review a few times. It was more a “If you’ve seen the rest of them, why not.” 

They also didn’t like Fan-4-stick. Watched that review recently again, and it was a mess. Parts of it were good, but those parts were clearly where Josh Trank (director) was able to do a more dark tone, where it actually came across more like a horror film. But then the reshoots came in, and the movie was turned into an absolute mess.

I’ve never seen them as Marvel Fanboys at all. More, as long as the movies are enjoyable and not formulaic.

Captain Marvel looked really boring. Like you said, bad I can take, as it’s always fun to laugh at a movie. But boring is much, much worse.

To me, I actually “like” the Star Wars prequels, because they are so bad. Whereas, I can’t sit through The Force Awakens. It’s super boring and terrible.

• Cheers 1

David Simon (The Wire, Treme) is adapting Philip Roth's The Plot Against America for a 6-part miniseries for HBO - the wonderful John Turturro is in it, and the still-foxy Winona Ryder has been given an opportunity to not embarrass the production, too

great book

Shin Godzilla

2016 Japanese Godzilla film. Sits at 86% on RT. Yeah, how much can we really trust RT nowadays. But for a non Hollywood film, that’s pretty trustworthy.

Great Godzilla movie. Much different take, as this is focused a lot more on the government side, and how the decision making that would go into dealing with something you’ve never prepared for, and the hoops government has to jump through to get something done, if anything.

400DFD3C-BF91-4C0C-8FB6-E49FD0C72F2C.jpeg

Saw Spider-Man Far From Home last night and man I gotta say, what an amazing movie. 10/10 and possibly the best solo Marvel movie so far. Great visuals, great character development and great story. There is a mid and post credit scene so definitely stick around and watch those, also possibly the best mid and post credits scene to date. I love how Marvel keeps impressing us with these scenes.

I'm just sad that we are going to have to wait 2-3 years for the next marvel movie...