Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:

- Tyler Bozak

- Nazem Kadri

- Mike Komisarek

- Tim Connolly

- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:

- Roberto Luongo

- Zack Kassian

- David Booth

- Keith Ballard

- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:

- Kassian sucks. Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??

- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.

- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.

- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luo were to look at Columbus and think to himself - they have a better young blueline than Toronto, they have better young centers than Toronto, and that's the makings of a pretty damn good team - they have a better prospect pool than Toronto, their media isn't anywhere near as annoying, they're closer to Florida, and it's a market that has never really had a goaltender.

This is what he'd be measured by:

Brian Boucher

Fred Brathwaite

Ty Conklin

Marc Denis

Wade Dubielewicz

Mathieu Garon Shawn Hunwick

Jean-François Labbé

Dan LaCosta

Pascal Leclaire

David LeNeveu

Steve Mason

Fredrik Norrena

Tomas Popperle

Martin Prusek

Curtis Sanford

Ron Tugnutt

Allen York

"one team that has to do something with another player that they have"

To me this sounds like something in the future, not like tomorrow but maybe a few weeks.

An injured player, pending contract?

I dont see a NTC in that sentence.

fwiw my mind immediately went to Dipietro after hearing that quote. Islanders have to figure out what to do with him, plus their whole situation became unexpectedly complicated with the Visnovsky debacle.

One rumour I read earlier this week (sorry, honestly forget where) was of Bryzgalov going to NYI, then Luongo to Philly. Islanders could also use someone like Ballard if Vis isn't going to show up.

I don't know what we could hope for to come back, but the combo of those two particular teams offers up quite a selection of young talent.

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:

- Tyler Bozak

- Nazem Kadri

- Mike Komisarek

- Tim Connolly

- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:

- Roberto Luongo

- Zack Kassian

- David Booth

- Keith Ballard

- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:

- Kassian sucks. Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??

- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.

- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.

- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

The Rangers, Toronto, Vancouver... Cap is the operative word. In Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Anaheim, who are all somewhere between close to breaking even and hemorrhaging money > actual greenbacks are, strangely, the real currency.

We bought Booth last year, we did not trade for him. Its not surprising sun belt teams might be offering players for cash.

But Lecavalier, even Ohlund, is a whole different league of luxury tax re-distribution.

Don't hold your breath unless Tampa pays half his salary (and buyout); which they cannot afford to do!

I like your way of thinking. Tampa fits in so many ways.....Luongo gives them instant top level goaltending to go with an outstanding offense and emerging blueline. Garon is UFA at seasons end and Lindback could be good but also could be average at best. Vasilevski is further away than Markstrom in Florida is.

If Tampa can bury Ohlunds contract going forward this would free up the necessary cap space and give the Lightning another shot at a cup before Lecavalier and St.Louis are done.

Van + Chicago both scream laughing into this deal. Buffalo gives up Ott, Grigorenko and Miller?

Did you get one of those MMA illegal hits to the back of the head?

To Chicago

Miller

To Buffalo

Kane + Luongo

To Vancouver

Ott and Grigorenko

Throw in minor pieces as you like, perhaps Raymond or Schroeder go with Lu and Crawford comes back as backup for Canucks.

with this new news from Gillis I believe it's the Flyers, they've had goaltending issues forever and Bryzgalov has not worked out at all for them, you know what your getting with Luongo and they would love him there... I could see Toronto taking on Bryzgalov, his price would be very low/next to nothing and it gives them an experience vet to push Reimer, DN said they believe in Reimer but need experience. Maybe something like Luongo and Raymond for Voracek, a young, big, top 6 right winger. That trade really makes a ton of sense for both teams, Flyers NEED a goalie, they wont go anywhere without one and their sooo deep with scoring forwards, this would help their cap a tiny bit too as they dump almost 10 million with Bryzgalov and Voracek and take on about 8 million.

Also, The Sabres do make some sense with the Miller problem they had last season, Miller isn't a long term option for the Sabres as he wants to be closer to his wife in Cali, Sharks really could use a goalie like Miller. I could see Stafford and 2013 1st for Luongo and Raymond, Stafford is a big right side winger... I'm not really high on Stafford though but I don't see what else they can give up?... maybe Cody Hodgson ;) now that would be awkward press conference.

Personally I think all sign point to the Flyers, it would be a deal that makes a lot on sense for both teams and help both teams now and in the future.

A lot of those so-called destinations are a no-go because, don't forget, Lu still has an NTC.

Yeah, I'll agree that Philly and Washington do seem like probable partners due to their very real need to acquire a goalie, current playoff window, and depth in prospects.

with this new news from Gillis I believe it's the Flyers, they've had goaltending issues forever and Bryzgalov has not worked out at all for them, you know what your getting with Luongo and they would love him there... I could see Toronto taking on Bryzgalov, his price would be very low/next to nothing and it gives them an experience vet to push Reimer, DN said they believe in Reimer but need experience. Maybe something like Luongo and Raymond for Voracek, a young, big, top 6 right winger. That trade really makes a ton of sense for both teams, Flyers NEED a goalie, they wont go anywhere without one and their sooo deep with scoring forwards, this would help their cap a tiny bit too as they dump almost 10 million with Bryzgalov and Voracek and take on about 8 million.

Also, The Sabres do make some sense with the Miller problem they had last season, Miller isn't a long term option for the Sabres as he wants to be closer to his wife in Cali, Sharks really could use a goalie like Miller. I could see Stafford and 2013 1st for Luongo and Raymond, Stafford is a big right side winger... I'm not really high on Stafford though but I don't see what else they can give up?... maybe Cody Hodgson ;) now that would be awkward press conference.

Personally I think all sign point to the Flyers, it would be a deal that makes a lot on sense for both teams and help both teams now and in the future.

Tampa would be nice if they didn't already deny interest in Luongo. It's close to Florida, they have some giant defencemen and some nice centers that would fit in here but oh well...

I'd want a solid 20 goal scoring center and a great prospect or big depth forward for Luongo, otherwise forget it, rather have this tandem going after the way Schneider crapped the bed.

Is trading Schneider completely out of the question?

I wonder if keeping Luongo and trading Schneider will bring us back more, and thus give us a better chance at the cup. Personally, I would not mind keeping Lu here for the rest of his career. He's proven, and Schneider isn't.

Anyone care to hypothesize what Schneider would get us?

Lol!!!! Dude really? You're blaming a snipe that no goalie in the

NHL would ever stop on Lou??

Dude, I know nothing about hockey? Hmm you see kid:

1. Goalies don't stop every shot that's the first part you need to understand, this isn't

NHL 13 on your ps3.

2. He was taking away the lower part of the net bc Eberle was on

A tough angle and the likelihood of him roofing it from there is so low lou played the

Probabilities. 99 times out of 100 a player won't put it where he did bc it is an incredibly tough shot.

3. It ain't ps3 those shots are elite level talent that got a bit of luck.

Pretty clear you've never strapped on a pair of skates there champ.

Archived