The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Booth will be close in about a month from now, he should return around the end of February.

I don't think we should rush this but if we are going for the homerun (Gardiner) I think we should take a step back and look at Bozak or McArthur + Kadri, then something else aswell, 2nd or prospect.

See how Schneids starts then make a move.

Jensen has 14 goals, 6th in the SEL (and would be the leading scorer on 9 of the 12 teams there) - as a 19 year old...

Not beyond the realm of possibility that this Danish stud could get a call if the Canucks need him...While they're at it, the Canucks could have a talk with his team-mate, undrafted 19 year old center Mattias Janmark-Nylen.

You never know. Kassian playing with the twins for a while could be a blessing - his bridge to confidence at the NHL level.

Kassian has all the tools he needs - and if he were to get on a bit of a roll with them, you just never know...The upside of that situation would be the combination of puck possession/cycling ability and finish that Kassian has, as well as the pushback on the ice with the twins. If Kassian developed Burrows' exceptional quality of relentless puck pursuit, it would be priceless. I think Burrows is as close to an ideal linemate for them as there is, particularly with his penalty killer, defensive backbone background, but what better model for Kassian to emulate? Take no shifts off, work hard in your own end, pursue the puck, hit the boards and go to the net - with that size and footspeed...deadly.

For every guy that steps up like that, it pushes balance down the lineup. I think AV has plenty of quality NHL players to work with even with a couple top 6 out of the lineup.

So what is the target now?

I think the deal should change a bit to include Clarke McArthur, the thing is from their side he is a useful top 6 forward, from our side he is probably a rental.

McArthur, Bozak, Kadri, Conditional Pick (2nd: If both McArthur and Bozak leave as UFA's. 3rd: if one of the 2 leaves, nothing if both are re-signed)

Is that a stretch or realistic? They added JVR so that bumps one of there regular top 6 wingers down, so maybe that wold be McArthur and it would leave him open to trade, they have some guys other than that too, Connolly, Lombardi, McClement, Frattin, Colbourne, Ashton, exc. Anyways Thoughts?

Hey guys, I got this from Calgarypuck, it's very intresting...

Take it for what it's worth, but...

We had 12 scouts in the restaurant I work at tonight for dinner, who are in town for the CHL top prospects game, and they were talking hockey with their server.

They outright told her that Luongo to Florida was as good as done.

I know like as in other sports they tend to have fun and saying something like that would make them all laugh after leaving knowing the server heard it and would tell someone.Thats to funny wish I was there to see that happen!I think a trade will happen asap or at the deadline after Schnieds proves he dominates! :towel::canucks::towel:

Archived