44 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,467 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Wouldn't mind having a go at Jochen Hecht. He's having a bit of an off year with Buffalo, demoted to their 4th line center on a crappy team. Buffalo are last in the conference and have plenty of good young centers like Ennis, Hodgson and Grigorenko so Hecht doesn't have much of a role there.

We could probably pry him off them very cheaply, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick. If they're struggling they might as well go for picks and go through a slight rebuild. They're a very young team right now with Myers as well and should build off that core of young centers and defencemen. Miller might have a resurgence in 3 or 4 years as well, by when this team will have its window. That's where our pick will be invaluable to them.

Hecht meanwhile was a great faceoff guy before this season, and a 0.5 point per game producer in a 3rd line role. He'd be an amazing fit in Vancouver, and can play anywhere in the bottom-6. Perfect replacement for Malhotra, and is probably a better PKer. Here's an amazing playoff roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Hecht
Weise
Volpatti

Say Kesler and Schroeder are injured during the playoffs (likely, one has a history, the other is tiny). Normally we'd be finished, but here's our lineup now:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Lapierre - Booth
Raymond - Hecht - Hansen
Weise - Ebbett/Pinizotto - Volpatti
Posted Image

#32 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

thing is mookie canucks need to get rid of ebbett hes a waste of a contract and if i really cared the th f uck you thought of my spelling or granmmar is then i guess id spell better hope my grammar pisses you off
sedin kesler schroeder and laps are good centers i dont really think we need another one but higgins is a decent c burrows not o much if we were to pick up more centers steckel would b ok but id rather we had 2 tough dependable fourth liners like parros sobodka boyle

#33 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I've found out one can only spend so much time in one day on CDC before you get tired of this repetitive crap.

agreed. I usually only go on ay work, lately I'd actually rather work.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#34 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

I've found out one can only spend so much time in one day on CDC before you get tired of this repetitive crap.

agreed. I usually only go on ay work, lately I'd actually rather work.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#35 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

What? you say that to my face I'd smack you... hard.

Fight... Fight... Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!! Fight!!!!! FIGHT!!! FIGHHTTTTT!!!!!!
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#36 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I would look at trying to get Jim Slater from WPG. He would fill the role perfectly.

BINGO!!!!
Hits, fights, forechecks, has speed to burn, shuts down opponents and has decent contract for next 3 yrs still...... Think he is a lefty too

#37 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

With the unfortunate Malhotra news, the Canucks SEEM as though they're weak up the middle. But what people don't realize, is that Jordan Schroeder, Maxim Lapierre, Ebbett and Ryan Kesler are more than capable of filling the holes, on each line. Schroeder has been a decent fit on a second line that has looked somewhat like a revolving door. Speed, playmaking, and a couple goals has led to Schroeder cementing himself in the lineup. With Kesler back, Schroeder can easily play a third line role. This puts Lapierre on the fourth line at C, even though he was generally playing 3rd line minutes with Manny out. It's not absolutely NECESSARY that we need a left-handed centre to take the defensive zone draws. We haven't had one when Manny has been out of the line-up, what makes it all of a sudden so damn important now? Last I checked, Ebbett is a left handed centre. But I forgot, people in Vancouver are on his ass like everyone else who doesn't perform up to their high and mighty standards, and he's "not good enough".

He may be right, we may need to look into other options at centre down the road...but that doesn't make these proposals threads any less REPETITIVE.

Substance enough for ya? Jeezus tapdancing Christ.

I agree with you, even with the fact that ebbett still has value here. I probably agree with you on a lot of things, i just thought your first post was a bit unnecessary.

#38 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I agree with you, even with the fact that ebbett still has value here. I probably agree with you on a lot of things, i just thought your first post was a bit unnecessary.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

/=S=/

#39 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wouldn't mind having a go at Jochen Hecht.

We don't need another soft guy, apparently we are already the softest team in the league.

We need to add a guy like Mattias and Chipchura. Those are who I would go for.

zackass.png

#40 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd say overpay for Nielsen from the NYI. It would be difficult to acquire him sure, but if we could we would be set.

Plus, I love the idea of having a full Danish line next year. Jensen-Nielsen-Hansen, that is a whole bunch of honey badgers not giving a crap!
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#41 Dirtface

Dirtface

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

To buffalo
Higgins
4th rnd pick

To van
Ott

Ott could play lw and take dzone faceoffs

Edited by Dirtface, 15 February 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#42 Dirtface

Dirtface

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

To buffalo
Higgins
4th rnd pick

To van
Ott

#43 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

To buffalo
Higgins
4th rnd pick

To van
Ott

Why would Buffalo do that? Higgins is an inferior player and also an impending UFA.

#44 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

4th or 5th to PHX for Chipchura

zackass.png

#45 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

If I were just looking at teams that could use players we have and are willing to trade.

I would be looking at Zack Smith in Ottawa they need D right now Ballard might be a player they would be interested in. Smith would be a good option to fill a bottom 6 C role and he's great on the dot.

I would also be looking at the 6'6 David Steckel out of TO. sure he's got rough skills but he's one of the leagues best left shooting face off guys. I see him as an upgrade on post injury Marhotra. that could be a better fit than taylor bozak for our team and gotten for much less.

Jarred Smithson Fla also a great F/O guy but a righty. Which he makes up for by being from Vernon BC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.