121 replies to this topic

#61 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Luongo got us to game 7 of the stanley cup finals and we ran him out of town. Schneider better have nerves of steel if he wants to play for the Canucks.

He HELPED get us to game 5 of the SCF. Then he melted down like butter in a microwave for two straight games.

#62 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Botchford is a garbage journalist. The best way to send a message is to stop buying papers, e-mail his editor and avoid the TEAm 1040 morning show. The guy brings nothing of value.....

Botchford has sixteen years in as a professionally paid journalist,gainfully employed for the biggest chain of papers in the country for the last seven or eight years.
Conversely,CDC has the very best that journalism has to offer.

#63 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Cool, but where were you when this happened to the goalie that took us to the Stanley Cup Final and 1 game away from the cup.

I was repeatedly complaining about fifth-columnists in the media and how they were actually Toronto operatives, as we do. Since confirmed by Gillis and Luongo himself, so I'm not crazy after all either!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#64 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

The Vancouver media is trying to play mind games with our goalies, hopefully, our goalies don't read any of this crap.

The same could be said about Edler 'Mcgivaways' or Garrison 'Mcturnovers' or Bieksa 'Mclousypincher'

Schneider had a poor game, every nhl player has had their share of poor games, move on.

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 16 February 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#65 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

He HELPED get us to game 5 of the SCF. Then he melted down like butter in a microwave for two straight games.

Thats not fair, by game 7, Luongo had half an ahl team and a crippled defence in front of him

#66 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

It's Botch.

He's an idiot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#67 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Botchford i always skip his garbage writing, mute when he is sportsnet telecast. Waste of time.

#68 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Luongo got us to game 7 of the stanley cup finals and we ran him out of town. Schneider better have nerves of steel if he wants to play for the Canucks.

How many meltdowns and chances was roberto given before he took us to game 7?

Schneider cant even have a bad game.

#69 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Botchford is mr negativity no one should listen to this guy..... ever
Posted Image

#70 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

How many meltdowns and chances was roberto given before he took us to game 7?

Schneider cant even have a bad game.

As I said before, if Lu does leave and Schneids is our guy, he will under an even bigger microscope than Lu and will be criticized even more.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#71 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Don't get so emotional about it. The guy isn't very good and the more Softies and games he loses while being on a good team will lessen his trade value. The prudent move is to get rid of him as quickly as possible so as to lessen the loss. The guy still has a bit of trade value. He should be able to garner a good solid third liner still. That could turn into a fourth liner if he is allowed to keep losing games and letting in softies for a couple of more weeks. It's just the right thing to do.

:bigblush:

I thought it would take a bit longer then this to be honest with you.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#72 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#74 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Gillis said on Thats Hockey that if Luongo came to him and changed his mind and asked to stay, that he would of course consider it. That means that Luongo asked for a trade. Which means it wasn't management that ran him out of town. But alas, he didn't say those EXACT words "Luongo asked for a trade" so go ahead and say what you will, but any logically thinking person knows that 2+2=4, the sun rises every morning, and Luongo asked for a trade.

#75 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Gillis said on Thats Hockey that if Luongo came to him and changed his mind and asked to stay, that he would of course consider it. That means that Luongo asked for a trade. Which means it wasn't management that ran him out of town. But alas, he didn't say those EXACT words "Luongo asked for a trade" so go ahead and say what you will, but any logically thinking person knows that 2+2=4, the sun rises every morning, and Luongo asked for a trade.

2 + 2 may = 4, but you have to do some more creative math to prove that 2 + A = B is the same thing.

Luo's mind may be made up about leaving because any number of reasons. Here are a few possibilies off the top of my head:
1) Luo asked for a trade (even though neither he nor Gillis, both known for their directness, have ever said that)
2) Luo knew Schneider deserved to be a starter and offered to waive his NTC to make room for him not as a "trade me" demand but ultimate act of sportsmanship and class
3) the team told him they thought Schneider was the better long-term prospect for them (which Schneider's agent's recent hissy fit would seem to backup) and Luo felt slighted by that and wants to move on to a team that will value him for what he brings
4) the team told Luo they wanted to treat both goalies as starters and each would have to compete for ice team. (That has absolutely no proof, even if it is my not-so-secret dream.)

For all we know, Gillis saying he'd consider it if Luo changed his mind is just media play to up Luo's value by hinting he may not be traded at all, to spark interest in Schneider just for the chance to compare trade possibilities, or even to put pressure on Luo to forgive a team that asked him to move aside for the younger guy when it turns out that, at least in the short part of the season thus far, he isn't better as expected.

Speculate all you want, just don't have the hubris to pretend you know the unknowable as absolute fact.

Edited by poetica, 16 February 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#76 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Luongo hasn't gone anywhere.

#77 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

I specifically said it was not reported that Luongo said he wanted a trade. Obviously there is a ton of evidence that Luongo asked for a trade and no evidence that he did not. But hey, keep having your not so secret love affair with the idea of us keeping both goalies. I too would love this, but I also know that if it looks like a duck and talks a like a duck, arguing that it is a cow is pointless. Fact all signs including Gillis's own mouth suggest heavily and undisputabley that Luongo did in fact ask for a trade.

Hey how about instead of people showing new evidence every day for a year that Luongo asked for a trade and the few day dreamers on here shooting it down saying that even though there is a mountain of evidence that this is the case. You provide one piece of evidence that says he wants to stay.

Luongo wanted out. Can I say it with 100% certainty? Nope. Can I say it with a highly confident 99.9%? Absolutely. A judge looks at evidence and renders a decision. Saying Luongo didn't ask for a trade is like the judge throwing all the evidence out of the window and rendering a judgement based on hair style.

Edited by Kassian's Face, 16 February 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#78 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Cool, but where were you when this happened to the goalie that took us to the Stanley Cup Final and 1 game away from the cup.

Are you single-handedly taking into account people defending Schneider now as people who should've defended Luongo when he was the established starter? Sounds like a full-time hobby.

#79 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Botchford has sixteen years in as a professionally paid journalist,gainfully employed for the biggest chain of papers in the country for the last seven or eight years.

Mike Gillis must have JUST began his professional career by this twisted logic. Give Botch a pass because he's been in the 'biz for 16 years but Gillis 'the home-wrecker', who is faaaar from just getting his feet wet- is a fool, a clod and destroying this franchise?
You, Sir, fail on so many levels. It's quite pathetic actually. Get out your 'fire MG' sandwich board and your usual "he sucks", "bad for this team" b.s. and quit your lame attempt at defending a world class horses ass.
Your anti-MG and everything he stands for/does crap is oooooh so tired.

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#80 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

not getting a shutout is melting down? cause that's basically what he needed for us to win game 6 or 7

#81 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

2 + 2 may = 4, but you have to do some more creative math to prove that 2 + A = B is the same thing.

Luo's mind may be made up about leaving because any number of reasons. Here are a few possibilies off the top of my head:
1) Luo asked for a trade (even though neither he nor Gillis, both known for their directness, have ever said that)
2) Luo knew Schneider deserved to be a starter and offered to waive his NTC to make room for him not as a "trade me" demand but ultimate act of sportsmanship and class
3) the team told him they thought Schneider was the better long-term prospect for them (which Schneider's agent's recent hissy fit would seem to backup) and Luo felt slighted by that and wants to move on to a team that will value him for what he brings
4) the team told Luo they wanted to treat both goalies as starters and each would have to compete for ice team. (That has absolutely no proof, even if it is my not-so-secret dream.)

For all we know, Gillis saying he'd consider it if Luo changed his mind is just media play to up Luo's value by hinting he may not be traded at all, to spark interest in Schneider just for the chance to compare trade possibilities, or even to put pressure on Luo to forgive a team that asked him to move aside for the younger guy when it turns out that, at least in the short part of the season thus far, he isn't better as expected.

Speculate all you want, just don't have the hubris to pretend you know the unknowable as absolute fact.

Gillis actually flat out said before the season started that "every player coming to camp is competing for their job". Luongo and Schneider were not omitted from this statement

#82 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Can we all please move on from the SCF? :picard:

#83 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Don't see why trading Schneider is such a bad idea. If we get a young blue chip star back like huberdeau or gudbranson which could help us for many years, I have no problems trading Schneider and keeping Lu. What Lu has shown is that he can still play at the highest level.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#84 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Goalie graveyard... cough cough.
Posted Image

#85 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

This reminds me of when Neil MacRae coined the term "Sedin Sisters", a slur which still gets thrown around in other cities despite HOF caliber careers, especially in the playoffs. And none of these guys are 'hockey experts', the only newspaper guy to ever cover the Canucks that really knew the game was Grant Kerr. Vancouver hockey coverage is, and always has been, the worst in the world.

We would be a lot better off with no newspaper, radio, or tv coverage at all.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#86 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Jason Botchford is basically Vancouver's version of Eric Francis.

Both of them love to talk, but neither of them have anything of value to say.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#87 Kola Nuts

Kola Nuts

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

It's Botch.

He's an idiot.

Yeah I just saw his "studs and duds" segment on That's Hockey on TSN lately. Guy seems like one of those over the top d-bags no one ever wants to listen to or take seriously.

I'll take Bob Mckenzie commentary over Botchford ANY day.

Posted Image

#88 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just proves that even though you can do something for a long time, it doesn't mean that you are any good at your job.

Even if he wants to suggest that Cory is struggling, that's fine, but does he have to stoop to chilidish portmanteaus?

There's a rule in journalism that Botchford doesn't follow: When you write an opinion down, ask yourself, would you feel confident stating that opinion to the player's face? I doubt Botchford would have the balls to talk about Cory's 'McSchofties' in person with him present.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#89 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

There's a rule in journalism that Botchford doesn't follow: When you write an opinion down, ask yourself, would you feel confident stating that opinion to the player's face? I doubt Botchford would have the balls to talk about Cory's 'McSchofties' in person with him present.

very well said.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#90 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Botchford is the Ezra Levant of Vancouver hockey presstitutes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.