The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Yeah this team needs to be shaken up, I am expecting something to happen, whether it is a Luongo trade or not. I am hoping for something.

As long as it isn't a Cory trade, if Cory is traded it will be worse than the initial feeling we all got when we heard about the Cody trade.

I still see Washington as a likely destination for either goaltender.

They need something. They need it bad. And, they need it yesterday.

They have pieces to swap, and management NEEDS to do something, because they can't keep firing coaches and expecting it to turn around.

They are in a better position than Florida or Columbus to use a goalie ready to win now, and I bet ownership is not happy with their current place in the standings.

Winnipeg is the other team I could see wanting Schneider. They love him there, and ownership knows him. Pavelec sucks.

I would LOVE to get... not who you think... wait for it... KANE!! jk.. not him. WHEELER!! Damn I love that guy. He's huge, and can play with the best of em.

If Schneider goes, then I think Winnipeg would be in on it.

Yeah this team needs to be shaken up, I am expecting something to happen, whether it is a Luongo trade or not. I am hoping for something.

As long as it isn't a Cory trade, if Cory is traded it will be worse than the initial feeling we all got when we heard about the Cody trade.

Now thats great logic. Washington needs a goalie because their goalie Holtby isn't cutting it. He's only 8-3 in his last 11 posting 2.0GAA and a .929 SAV%. But he needs to go. Also Winnipeg is in the market because apparently their 26 year old goalie, who they just signed a 3.9 mil cap hit, for the next 5 years, sucks. What would they do with this goalie if they got Schneider. Not much of a return for a like him goalie. But Winnipeg is interest because Cory's played in city before. Well I guess that makes boston in the market too since cory played college there.

Washington is not in the market and neither is are the Jets.

God I'd never believe I would find myself wanting some Mike Keenan decisiveness with a trade.

He won as many trades (see Linden for McCabe and Bertuzzi) as he lost. But he never shied away from a deal that he thought solved problems.

Did I just say that? :wacko:

But yes that trade looks like it helps our team!

Alright revised proposal.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

Florida gets Luongo at a great price, which includes dumping a terrible contract of there own. Nothing major is leaving them futurewise or currently.

We get rid of the contract & move on and add a piece that helps now aswell as decent future pieces. We take on a bad contract but Upshall could help in the playoffs in a 4th line role then be bought-out in the summer.

Could add a tad more to our side, but this is a great deal for Florida. Lets just move on with this situation.

What I'm really craving is a trade.

Where a pile of guys, including Old News above me here (just stirring the pot) said we were fine on D coming in to the year; I said 5 and 7 months ago that we had a problem stacking our left D, and nobody to play right. That we had a problem stacking our line up on left wing, and were still actually quite lacking on the right.

I did not include myself as much as many calling for a centre (I prayed Kesler would come back mended), perhaps I should have?

But I did not think we were set, and I do not now. MG needs to make a move!

I'm in the Washington wish list; looking for Green / MoJo in a package for Ballard and Lou. Would I take Orlov or Carlson, especially hell yeah on Carlson.

Just looking to feel better about always cheering for my team when I know they need something??? But yes, pass on Keenan, thanx for the reminder!

You're probably saying this with the thought of Luongo, but I assure you, if Mike Keenan came in here, Luongo would be the least of his problems while the Sedins would be out yesterday.

I think Florida might be in the mix even more for Luongo after last night. Of course a couple bad goals by Markstrom doesn't iniate panic and require an immediate trade, he still has plenty of potential to be " the guy", but if anything hopefully Talon realizes you can't rush someone into such an important position . Even if it doesn't happen until the draft, a trade to Florida would perfectly set up Markstrom to be in Schneiders situation 3 years ago. Start him as a back up, increase his games the next season, then 50-50 split, then after 3-4 years of grooming he will be ready.

Archived