The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

I think AV's plan is to always have some doghouse players he can blame on MG so that the team's failure to succeed is always a result of not having the right players not from his failure as a coach. If he can always claim he didn't have the right assets to get the job done, his job is secure.

No your underrating it, what is a top 4 defenseman worth in your mind? This isn't even that bad, its basically last years Raymond and Ellerby for Ballard right now. That's not fair?

If this team doesnt help us, we aren't going to make it. Ballard has been a valuable and productive player for us this season. Its just a shame AV had to go and play favorites again, if Ballard doesn't bring us back something that will fill one of our holes (a 3rd line center, or a defenseman to replace, preferablly a right side guy) then the deal doesn't happen and we might aswell hold onto Ballard.

Hodgson

Ballard

Malholtra - doesn't agree with Gillis decision... he wants a trade, it should be his decision to play or not, Not Gillis's, it ain't his body. Imagine if someone did that to Ohlund after his eye injury? I know Malholtra wasn't playing very well but he would be fine on a weaker team...

Then there's the veterans - Naslund, Linden, M. Schneider clearly all had a problem with AV at one point.

Shirokov was a +1 with 1 point in 2 games and then gets sent down for no reason........

Kesler and AV at times....

There's been enough to cause some concern... makes you wonder eh.....

They probably hire people to come on the boards and endlessly defend AV and Gillis.

Look I'm not saying you're far off but it takes two teams to make a trade Ballard's value is at an all time low right now. I'm not saying Ballard's value is a 3rd/4th line player or filler defenseman for the rest of his career. But right now we would have to add a 3rd-5th round pick to get St. Louis to bite that's just the reality they want to improve their team too and get the most value they can.

h

What do you mean? He's the one that brought up the stats showing Leddy's points saying he's better because he has more points than Tanev.

The only thing i said is, Tanev is like our Leddy on the team then he got all defensive.

Look I'm not saying you're far off but it takes two teams to make a trade Ballard's value is at an all time low right now. I'm not saying Ballard's value is a 3rd/4th line player or filler defenseman for the rest of his career. But right now we would have to add a 3rd-5th round pick to get St. Louis to bite that's just the reality they want to improve their team too and get the most value they can.

So.... we are clear... you are argument is..... Leddy=Tanev because they are young and play in the top 6.

So with that argument... Tanev=D. Hamilton... because they are young and play in the top 6

Tanev = Hedman because they are young and play in the top 6

Tanev= Pietrangelo/Bogosian because they are the same age and play in the top 6

If you cannot see the fallacy in the vagueness of your argument, then I do not know what say. With this vague argument, you are comparing a former first round pick, who plays #3 on a team that hasn't lost in regulation this year, to a player who was undrafted.

If every player on the Canucks was playing to their potential, then Tanev would be #5 or #6... while if everyone is playing to their potential on the Hawks then Leddy is #3 or #4 (which as I stated, is a team that has not lost in regulation this season)

Lastly - you have made errors about how players were acquired, and then who Leddy never played for... which only makes your very weak argument look even worse.

I just think if St.Louis was smart, it is something they would really look at.

After all Ballard has played quite well for awhile, and a top 4 Left side Dman is a need for them. Even that offer isn't Ballard full value (if he was getting played to his capabilites, and there wasn't a shadow around him) but it is fair.

Just saying for both teams, this makes perfect sense, we add to a need and get a replacement that though not great does the job, St.Louis gets a top 4 defenseman at a good price, which could look like an outstanding move in the longrun and the assets they give are from an area of strength. For us, we finally put an end to this situation, and add a need, downgrade in an area, but not to the point where it forms another hole.

Uh, Leddy is better in a top 4 offensive role. It's how he plays. Tanev doesn't have that side of his game yet to really be more than a 3rd pairing D-man. You may not have meant it that way, but trust me, the way you worded it from the start was way wrong.

Archived