The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

I love Hodgson and I love Kassian but It's pretty hilarious how in this thread Cody's gunna DEVELOP to be better then Kesler at the age of 23 which he might. But then argue that Kassian will not DEVELOP anymore then he's already done at the age of 22

Probably the same people who said Kesler would never DEVELOP into more then a 3/4 center, or that Burrows would never DEVELOP into more then a 3/4 winger. Or even that the Sedins would never DEVELOP into more then second line players

Kassian dick riders? Guess that's what it is called when you support the players on your team. Guess I'm a Sedin dick rider too. Also a Burrows dick rider. I also ride the dicks of Booth, Kesler, Hansen, Hamhuis, Garrison, Weise, Sestito, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Raymond, Schroeder, Tanev, Bieksa, Barker, Ballard, Alberts, Schneider, AND Lu. Gawd I am just one big slut.

Btw way to write off a player who just turned 22 years old. Reaaal nice.

Definately goal of the year so far, better than Malkin's for sure. Hodgson just embarassed 2 Hurricanes with that clutch goal. This guy is headed for all-stardom if not this season than the next. He's around a point-per-game right now, who knows, he might even hit a 90 or 100 point season next year.

We surely could have kept him if MG and AV worked well with him. He simply wanted first line minutes right? He's getting around 18-20 minutes a game in Buffalo playing with Vanek and Pominville right now. If MG and AV knew how to bargain, they would have told him that he'd be getting those minutes in Vancouver on our 2nd line with guys like Booth and Raymond. Kesler laps up around that much time on our 2nd line anyway.

Give him another season and he would have been our #1 center, the Sedins would take our 2nd line spots and we'd have the deepest offence in the league.

Great goal for Cody, and as said before, he will be an awesome NHL player. But comparing him to Kes? Put Kes on Buffalo's top line and they would be a contending team. I can't imagine Cody ever winning a Selke or even coming close to a nomination. How absurd.

So far, the Kass/Coho trade looks to be in Buffalo's favour. To be fair, I think we have to give it a few years to evaluate the trade.

It was a nice goal for sure, but Kassian almost had just as nice a one last night (minus the toe drag). Fact of the matter is, Cody wanted out and there was no way of knowing Kesler would be out, nor that Manny would be shut down. I do agree he was mistreated with AVs ego at times, but ego can be a 2 way street and it sounds like Cody had lot's of it himself.

If Carolina actually played physical, this goal probably doesn't happen.Let's see Cody pull this off against Boston, that's where Kassian will shine brighter. Comparing 2 players that are the polar opposite in terms of finesse vs power forward makes no sense. I am sure there will both have some hi-light reel goals throughout their careers.

I will reserve judgment for a few years.

Wouldn't say top 5, but still a nice goal.... What made it nice was the back check on Staal and then the moves.

Not trying to take anything away from the goal, but it was Carolina's defense....

It was a nice goal for sure, but Kassian almost had just as nice a one last night (minus the toe drag). Fact of the matter is, Cody wanted out and there was no way of knowing Kesler would be out, nor that Manny would be shut down. I do agree he was mistreated with AVs ego at times, but ego can be a 2 way street and it sounds like Cody had lot's of it himself.

If Carolina actually played physical, this goal probably doesn't happen.Let's see Cody pull this off against Boston, that's where Kassian will shine brighter. Comparing 2 players that are the polar opposite in terms of finesse vs power forward makes no sense. I am sure there will both have some hi-light reel goals throughout their careers.

I will reserve judgment for a few years.

Hodgson is playing on a top line.

When Kassian played a handful of games on the top line he scored 5 goals, and was scoring at the same pace as Hodgson. Then AV takes him off.

If Kassian was being given the same opportunities, his point totals would be much higher. He's also got a year in hand of development for himself though.

Oh and BTW, guess who also is absolute garbage in the defensive zone?

Future MVP Steven Stamkos.

Guy is terrible in the defensive zone, but who cares? As long as youre getting goals, nobody gives a rats ass.

I haven't mentioned Kassian once. It seems to me the people who are still in love with Hodgson are the quickest ones to mention Kassian.

I moved on from the trade a long time ago. Seems some people can't stop whining about it though. Any time Hodgson takes a dump you've got people on here saying how good it was.

Archived