The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks in on 3 more college UFAs

Considering our future defencemen consist of Tanev and Corrado, we need one or two of these big and physical guys.

If I were Edmonton I'd pitch hard for these guys. They lack a giant on the blueline, and Schultz could use a big, physical guy to play alongside for his career.

Sounds like the same thought process Justin Schultz went through when he signed with the Oilers...these college kids are smart -- since the money is the same with whoever they sign, the opportunity to play becomes a significant criteria for their decision.  Too bad Schultz was vilified for that.

Will love to get Surrey Boy Shayne Taker. 6'4 fast skating offensive dman. Woot woot.

Only the undrafted ones. But to be honest, the percentage of college free agent signings making it full time in the NHL is very low.

I'm so grateful with the way Tanev is playing. There are only 2 college free agents making an impact for their team that was signed in the past 5 years, those 2 are Bozak and Tanev.

Personally I have little expectations for Lain. Will love to see him succeed, I won't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Jovo stepped in and played huge right off the bat as a 19 yr old - I remember his ability (as a rookie) to handle Lindros (drilled him really nicely a couple times - his game actually changed and he became less physically dominant, but not making the point to try to contradict what you're saying - just one of the few rare players who stepped in and were physical forces from the get-go.

The only reason any of these guys get any attention is because every team has a shot at them , These guys at the best would be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick in the draft .

Guys like Lain and this 6'8 dman have very little chance at ever being more then a role player in the NHL at best but chances are never take a shift in a regular season game

The only reason any of these guys get any attention is because every team has a shot at them , These guys at the best would be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick in the draft .

Guys like Lain and this 6'8 dman have very little chance at ever being more then a role player in the NHL at best but chances are never take a shift in a regular season game

Will love to get Surrey Boy Shayne Taker. 6'4 fast skating offensive dman. Woot woot.

Only the undrafted ones. But to be honest, the percentage of college free agent signings making it full time in the NHL is very low.

I'm so grateful with the way Tanev is playing. There are only 2 college free agents making an impact for their team that was signed in the past 5 years, those 2 are Bozak and Tanev.

Personally I have little expectations for Lain. Will love to see him succeed, I won't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Archived