The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks in on 3 more college UFAs

Exactly.

He made his decision based on the type of team he thought he could best flourish on. Top pairing ice time while playing with a bunch of young offensive players like RNH, Eberle, Hall and Yakupov, won out over playing on a more veteran team while learning his craft on a winning team.

He might regret the decision in a few years. He has two more years after this and is then an RFA. So there's a good chance he'll be with this team for at least a few more years. Too bad...given the division realignment starting next season, the Oilers will be hard pressed to make the playoffs for quite some time. Meanwhile, the Ducks could win a cup while Shultz toils away in Edmonton. But hey...at least he gets a ton of ice time!! <_<

Laganiere plays in the championship game today at 4:00.

Once that`s done he is free to choose whatever team he wants. I would imagine he has already got a good idea of where he wants to go, but will probably take a few days to weigh his options again.

2 of the top 10 college free agents this year are Jaden Swhartz's brother Rylan, and James VanRiemsdyk's brother Trevor.

Rylan isn't that big, but at 5'11 he's a solid 200 pounds ( the same height and weight as Tarasenko). He has been a point per game player or better the last 3 years.

Trevor is built like his brother James, tall and lanky at 6'3, 185 pounds. I don't know too much about him either than the fact that he put up impressive points as a defenseman this year for the university of New Hampshire with 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points in 35 games.

I would take a chance on these guys if I were St. Louis or Toronto, nothing wrong with getting a couple more brother combo's in the NHL.

2 of the top 10 college free agents this year are Jaden Swhartz's brother Rylan, and James VanRiemsdyk's brother Trevor.

Rylan isn't that big, but at 5'11 he's a solid 200 pounds ( the same height and weight as Tarasenko). He has been a point per game player or better the last 3 years.

Trevor is built like his brother James, tall and lanky at 6'3, 185 pounds. I don't know too much about him either than the fact that he put up impressive points as a defenseman this year for the university of New Hampshire with 8 goals, 25 assists, 33 points in 35 games.

I would take a chance on these guys if I were St. Louis or Toronto, nothing wrong with getting a couple more brother combo's in the NHL.

Archived