Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jim Vandameer loses his mind

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

All do respect to Tanev and Ballard but they're not physical enough for the playoffs. Great during the regular season, but Tanev was dominated by Los Angeles last playoffs.

This is a playoff-ready, hard hitting defence that will grind opponents down. That's how you win in the playoffs, not with slick-skating D men who are smaller than the opponents forwards:

Edler - Garrison (both giants, Garrison's been great in front of our own net)
Bieksa - Hamhuis (Bieksa has lifted his physical play this season)
Alberts - Vandermeer (15 minutes of big hitting hockey, grind opponents down in the corners)

We've only ever had 1 big hitting defenceman in the playoffs and that's Edler, last season against LA he wasn't on his game and their forwards dominated our smaller defence. With Alberts and Vandermeer on the blueline that simply won't happen. They may be a defensive liability and not bring much offence, but their job is simply to physically break down opposing team's forwards which is more important than anything else over a 7 game series. Sure we may get scored on and beaten early in series, but as the series goes on their forwards will be weaker, ours will be fresher and we will outlast them.

That's exactly how Boston beat the Canucks (and Canadiens, and Tampa Bay), and how Los Angeles cruised to a Cup.
Posted Image

#32 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

old school

#33 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-889kZXuB4&sns=em

WOOOOW ! Check out the guy beside the glass between the benches!
If I heard correctly, Vandameer didnt get any penalty minutes?

Posted Image :lol:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#34 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

All do respect to Tanev and Ballard but they're not physical enough for the playoffs. Great during the regular season, but Tanev was dominated by Los Angeles last playoffs.

This is a playoff-ready, hard hitting defence that will grind opponents down. That's how you win in the playoffs, not with slick-skating D men who are smaller than the opponents forwards:

Alberts - Vandermeer (15 minutes of big hitting hockey, grind opponents down in the corners)

We've only ever had 1 big hitting defenceman in the playoffs and that's Edler, last season against LA he wasn't on his game and their forwards dominated our smaller defence. With Alberts and Vandermeer on the blueline that simply won't happen. They may be a defensive liability and not bring much offence, but their job is simply to physically break down opposing team's forwards which is more important than anything else over a 7 game series. Sure we may get scored on and beaten early in series, but as the series goes on their forwards will be weaker, ours will be fresher and we will outlast them.

That's exactly how Boston beat the Canucks (and Canadiens, and Tampa Bay), and how Los Angeles cruised to a Cup.

K
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#35 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

Vandermeer seemed to be the victim. He didn't know the gate wasn't latched and before he could get off the guy he was set on. After that he started throwing haymakers.

I've been saying for a while that this guy has played on the wing before and we should have brought him up rather than putting out a needless salary to Sestito. Desbiens is also a guy who can play 4th but I don't think he is ours anymore.

Edited by Bodee, 18 March 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#36 ArmchairCanuckGM

ArmchairCanuckGM

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

How exactly did Vandameer get onto their bench, weren't there 2 guys that fell onto the floor? Did he have to step on them?
Why people read signatures:
  • It is an acceptable way to stare at women.
  • Allows people to have a counter-argument by insulting what is in a persons signature (pooh-pooh fallacy).
  • Allows people to show that they like a man and they put colourful things around the picture of a man(usually a hockey player :P).
  • To watch a funny GIF or a funny pic.
  • Funny Quote or Saying
So I have no clue why are you reading my signature!

#37 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Vandemeer was the one in the rockford bench btw.

lol at him making his way down the bench like this is gears of war or something. He backed up the entire team !

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#38 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

It was like Jim blacked out and came to wondering how he ended up on the bench.

#39 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

This needs to happen.

Vandermeer-Pinizzotto-Sestito
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#40 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Desbiens is Canucks property, Bodee...UFA in July 2013.

One thing for sure, the Hawks are doing a good job of breeding more rats in their minor system. Watching the sh!t that Jeremy Morin (#19) does drives me crazy...sucker punches Desbiens and runs for the hills. Morin has stones made of sand.

I was on record in a previous post where I stated the Vandermeer is not the answer for addressing the team's lack of "pugnacity"...I stand corrected. I love the way he stood up for Desbiens. After seeing this clip, I'm convinced that Vandermeer would make every player on the Canucks roster feel 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. It's time to call him up.

Vandermeer seemed to be the victim. He didn't know the gate wasn't latched and before he could get off the guy he was set on. After that he started throwing haymakers.

I've been saying for a while that this guy has played on the wing before and we should have brought him up rather than putting out a needless salary to Sestito. Desbiens is also a guy who can play 4th but I don't think he is ours anymore.

#41 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,909 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Love it. Jim is married to a high school friend of mine. I've never met him personally but I have buddies who have. Apparently he's super solid dude. Loves to stick up for his team mates. We could sure use some of that!

#42 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Chicago Wolves fighting Chicago Hawks' farm team.

Mind=blown!

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#43 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

THen we would only have one right handed defenceman moron.. Tanev has been our most consistent, if not, the best defenceman so far this season

#44 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

"All do respect to Tanev and Ballard but they're not physical enough for the playoffs. Great during the regular season, but Tanev was dominated by Los Angeles last playoffs."

Utter utter bollocks. Tanev and Ballard were the standout defensive pair. And if it comes to pushback Ballard is never found wanting which is more than you can say for Edler.

I wasn't going to say anything DUC but your comment upset me (although I always find your posts entertaining) so for future use it is "due respect" not do respect. :)
Kevin.jpg

#45 Yellow Canuck

Yellow Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Those benches are dangerously close, if Lack wasn't injured he'd probably be in the center of it

#46 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

^^ huh
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#47 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Would love to see the Blackhawks and Canucks do this, but if they do I hope no one gets seriously injured.

canucks141.png

#48 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

LA cruised to a Cup win for one reason and one reason only: Jonathan Quick. Dude played like a freaking terminator!

Wonder if they forgot to change his oil before this season started....
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#49 canuck_Pride

canuck_Pride

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Nicklas Jensen somehow ended up with two roughing minors and a game misconduct and he even wasn't on the ice.

#50 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Nicklas Jensen somehow ended up with two roughing minors and a game misconduct and he even wasn't on the ice.

That is weird. I've watched the video like 6 times and I can't even see him, so he's not even one of the guys throwing punches or poking with a stick from the bench. Still, it was the end of the game so it's not like it really mattered. I don't think the refs had a freaking clue what happened or who all was involved.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#51 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Jim Vandermeer smiles and laughs fighting Milan Lucic.

Jim Vandermeer needs to be wearing a Canucks uniform.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#52 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

That was hilarious :lol:

dontforgettolentil.png

#53 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Jim Vandermeer smiles and laughs fighting Milan Lucic.

Jim Vandermeer needs to be wearing a Canucks uniform.

Vandermeer is a perfect depth guy if somebody gets injured in our bottom pairing, but he's pretty brutal as a forward. Unless he throws down he's not much of a threat.

Maybe we'll end up seeing Pinizzotto - Lain - Lapierre at some point? Lain is 23, so it's not like he's super young.

#54 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I love Vandermeer. If he were a natural forward I think he'd be on the roster, but being another left handed blueliner... it's hard to want to have a blueliner playing the role of deterence.
I'd love to see him get a shot in Sestito's place though - fourth line LW - and sometimes a 7th blueliner in the lineup is actually a blessing.

#55 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Love it!

#56 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

wow.... rockford is Chicago's farm team......

number 19 of the Rockford fromt he bench started it. Clean hit onto the bench, not sure why the bench door wasn't bolted, he goes punching him in the face Any of you ever taken a punch in the face with hockey gloves before? It f in hurts.

The first thing I thought of when watching that video was that time Lumme broke his leg from the exact same play. Players on the bench have to be more careful, that could mess up someones career right there.

#57 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Anyone else surprised how quickly and calmly it ended

It basically went from everyone throwing punches to nothing in seconds

2gw59ue.jpg

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

#58 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else surprised how quickly and calmly it ended

It basically went from everyone throwing punches to nothing in seconds

I think that was because they knew if JV got his jersey off he would lay waste to the whole bench.
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.