The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No hearing for Rick Nash for hit on Kopecky

35a73c.jpg

This is a joke seriously... look at nash's left leg it clearly left the ice.... plus the principle point of contact is back of the head/neck... not a shoulder.. i think this is reckless play.. and he should get 1 game banned.. if he didn't then so does hensen shouldn't get suspension either.. nhl is complete joking when it comes to reffing issue.

After watching a number of times, it does appear Nash doesn't hit the head of Kopecky, but more in the back. Still, it's a bad, bad play and Nash both leans forward towards Kopecky and jumps into him while leading with his elbows and then following through by driving down with at least his left arm/elbow.

S1CbQnT.gif

The fact that Nash didn't get a penalty on that play is bad enough. That's a textbook charging penalty and one that should not have been missed. The officiating and supplementary discipline this year has been an absolute joke. Embarassing really. We laugh at the replacement officials in the NFL but nothing compares to the incompetence of the regular officials we have in the NHL. When coaches and players make mistakes, they are accountable for it by what happens in the standings, no such thing with our officials. Heck they can't even talk about it without getting fined. Its a wonder why I'm still a fan of the game with this garbage going on.

Hoping this is sarcasm... but as my detector is in the shop atm... watch where Nash is looking... he is locked on and targeting the back of Kopecky's head... My god if this is not suspended and Edler is... I have nothing but :picard: for Shanny... He should have just retired as a player and got into Coaching or something... he is tarnishing his amazing and stellar career unfortunately.

Complete joke, it was an obvious blindside headshot with Nash clearly leaving his feet. Can't believe Hansen got suspended but Nash doesn't even get anything. IMO it was almost as bad as the Keith hit in terms of intent.

Archived