The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shannon said something that made no sense about Canucks

J529

The OP has taken what John Shannon said out of context.

John Shannon did talk about how Kesler could move to the wing and that Roy could centre the second line, but after that he also said that Roy can be a very effective THIRD line centre.

John Shannon pretty much said moving Kesler to wing is a option if they acquire Roy, otherwise he said Roy would be a good third line centre because of the aggressive game he plays.

By aggressive Shannon meant that Roy is not afraid to go to the dirty areas and will work hard.

How about signing Arnott for the rest of the season to be the #2 center. I'm aware that he didn't pass his physical with the Rangers. He would bring alot of experience, has won a Stanley Cup. Don't think he would cost alot for remainder of the season.

I would not be surprised to see us lose Tanev in a trade. He is a really good defensemen with huge trade value right now. In a team like ours, A top 6 forward is worth more then a long term defensemen if we want a cup that is.

How about signing Arnott for the rest of the season to be the #2 center. I'm aware that he didn't pass his physical with the Rangers. He would bring alot of experience, has won a Stanley Cup. Don't think he would cost alot for remainder of the season.

And who do you suggest we get? And what are you willing to give up? Because no NHL team is going to just give away a #2 centre for Raymond, Ballard and a 1st.

Unless he's - over the hill

- ufa in the offseason

No more rentals.

So you want to trade our best defenseman this season to get a top 6 forward? A young, cheap and good defenseman like Tanev who has steadily improved his game and will likely be even better in the future? I think you should go back to watching your sesame street show.

Archived