Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Shannon said something that made no sense about Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#61 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I would not be surprised to see us lose Tanev in a trade. He is a really good defensemen with huge trade value right now. In a team like ours, A top 6 forward is worth more then a long term defensemen if we want a cup that is.

I get the impression that they rest of the league doesn't realize how valuable Tanev is and therefore we'd lose almost every time a trade involving him.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#62 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Shannon knows nothing about anything at all

fixed

RIP LB RR PD

#63 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Have to get the puck first - and if you lose the draw, that makes it that much harder to do.

Give Kesler two decent wingers for a period of time (Raymond & Sammy didn't score all those goals by themselves) and watch Kesler adapt.

*AGAIN* centers cost you a premium; it cost the Preds a 1st round pick last season to pickup a *3rd line center* last year.

Just an obvious observation .. Kesler can take the faceoff and STILL play winger .. just so you know ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#64 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Got a feeling we won't get roy cheap
Posted Image

#65 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Shannon is crazy, he's always coming out with these bizarre, head-scratching statements. Terrible analyst. And why would anybody even think about moving Kesler to the wing? His best attributes are his defensive play and faceoff ability, classic center traits. Also his speed and puck-carrying. So much of his two-way effectiveness would be lost on the wing.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#66 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

And then he went on about how Martin St Louis and Jarome Iginla are in the same situation and both could get moved. First off Jarome is a pending UFA and Marty has 2 years remaining on his deal. I can't stand listening to that wretched old fool.

The guy is one of the biggest morons out there in the media, no crebility.

#67 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

On Sportsnet Trade Tracker, he said that Derek Roy would be a perfect fit for Vancouver. He mentioned Roy as #2 Center and moving Kesler to the wing. Why move Kesler to the wing? He's the #2 center. Not fan of Shannon or his supposed trade insider info. Believe it was Shannon who said Luongo to Toronto was all but done earlier in the season.

Kesler has looked good on the wing in the past.

If you had a good playmaker for the top-6 it would be natural to move Ryan Kesler and his "shootier" tendancies to the wing.

#68 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

This will be the most uneventful trade deadline in the history of any professional sport trade deadline.

Lower cap, lack of sellers, deep draft.

This and if the Canucks pick up a player it will be a guy nobody heard of, the mini meltdowns in here are going to be gold.

#69 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Shannon is crazy, he's always coming out with these bizarre, head-scratching statements. Terrible analyst. And why would anybody even think about moving Kesler to the wing? His best attributes are his defensive play and faceoff ability, classic center traits. Also his speed and puck-carrying. So much of his two-way effectiveness would be lost on the wing.

Gilman himself said that they might try that and that Kesler played some of his best hockey as a Canuck when he was on the wing for Sundin. He was first nominated for the Selke playing as a winger.

#70 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

I can't stand listening to that wretched old fool.

Then why do you? Who is the fool in this equation?

#71 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Then why do you? Who is the fool in this equation?

You got me there. The only time I am listening is when he on between periods during a Canuck game. I usually like to see what retarded bs comes spewing out if his mouth next.
jersey collection.jpg

#72 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

I like our roster healthy I feel it's unbeatable the way raymond Hansen and Schroeder play. We will have 3 deadly lines. Lappy and weise could use a legit 4th line player IMO. Once booths back he makes it solid tho

Sedin sedin burrows
Booth(kassian) kesler Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Weise lappierre kassian (booth)

Bieksa hamhuis
Edler garrison
Tanev Ballard

#73 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Kesler is the 2nd line center. End of story.

Roy will cost way too much. And he is a 100% pure rental. Don't want to waste assets on him.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#74 yung dawg

yung dawg

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

cant wait for the trade deadline :towel:

Don't get too excited I don't think the Canucks are going to do anything major this year.

#75 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

Id rather us put Kesler more in a checking role with powerplay time.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Sestito Lapierre Weise

1. I like Kassian with the twins, he performed well and can provide some protection.
2. All three players are speedy and hardworking, great for lining up against other team's top lines.
3. Speed, speed, speed. Schroeder has awesome chemistry with Raymond they should never have been split up.
4. Tough.

This proposal is one of the few that makes sense. Although I must disagree about kass+twins. Not a fan of his play, he really slows down the cycling game the twins have going on. It really sucks how we can't just clone burrows or something

#76 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

fixed

haha.....ok, that's true. I was trying to be nice though.....

#77 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Getting a playmaking winger is what we need....

We already have a playmaking winger / sasquatch. Kassian is a beautiful passer. He should play with Kes and be given enough time to learn how Kes ticks.

Edited by osu canuckeye, 25 March 2013 - 05:19 AM.

<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#78 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

What you'd get from Roy wouldn't cure what ails the Canucks unfortunately. Plus as others have said...it would end up being a massive overpayment with knowing how most GM's try to do trades these days.

And for what it is worth I think it is highly unlikely AV/Gillis moves Kesler to the wing when he comes back, or any time.

#79 thirtyfive35

thirtyfive35

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

fun fact: my dad graduated with him in highschool.

Oliver, BC!!

#80 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,578 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

You're assumling only what Kesler does offensively.

Kesler is effective at faceoffs and defensively he can play against the other teams top centers. The defensive game of Kesler at the centre position is very important.

I wish more people would realize this. The "positions" are there for defensive play and that's where you have to be disciplined and maintain your given spot (C,RW, LW etc). Once you cross the centreline, you become three forwards on the attack and you no longer become c, rw, lw, but F1, F2, F3.

Offensively, it makes no difference if Kesler is the Cman or winger, but in the defensive zone he needs to be in the middle. I don't see AV ever moving him to the wing. I know MG says that they're not looking for a winger, but if I'm him, finding someone who can play with Kes would be my priority, because over the last couple of seasons his play, offensively, has been more of a liability than an asset. If they can't find someone to play with him, they need to move him.

#81 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

I would not be surprised to see us lose Tanev in a trade. He is a really good defensemen with huge trade value right now. In a team like ours, A top 6 forward is worth more then a long term defensemen if we want a cup that is.

Problem is you still have to balance the Cap, so trading a guy who makes 900k to bring in a guy who makes 4 mill wont be so easy.

#82 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Problem is you still have to balance the Cap, so trading a guy who makes 900k to bring in a guy who makes 4 mill wont be so easy.

I was speculating IF Tanev were to be traded, it would be as part of deal invloving Lu for a superstar. So henceforth no cap problems. Salary cap is pretty basic stuff though, so don't worry, MG finished kindergarten and can do the basic math required to maximize talent in the cap.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.