The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 @ Blues 2

The Magician

Anyone not worried about this game should rethink that stance. This wax playoff style hockey. Our boys got shoved around and dominated. Anyone really think the league didn't once again take notice? Every western playoff team now knows, push them around, they can't push back. Sure Ed have Kassian, but look at the flip side, Roy Hansen Raymond burrows Sedins, this is a small team up front and without a badass on the wing or on d we are going to be exposed. Playoffs are not for skill, they are for grit, grabbing and flukey goals. None of which this team is built for.

I'm concerned that we are going to see another first round exit to be honest. Beating subpar teams seems to give this team a false sense that they can sit back and the goals will fall in. Reality check time. This team has to learn how to scratch and claw for every inch of ice or they will be golfing.

and I say 3 out 4 points on the road in back to back games is quite acceptable... until you've travelled and played 60+ games and slept in dozens of hotel beds eating restaurant food and living out of a suitcase. I'd be slow to judge these guys !!! Bantam hockey doesn't qualify you sir.

I thought Sestito should have had a bit more ice time tonight.... He could of took on Backes, he had a big hit every time he was on the ice in the 3rd lol.

Not looking forward to the playoffs with this reffing...

I think Alberts needs to play in the playoffs.. He's a beast physically.

Wish Gillis got another big d-man or winger at the deadline.

they are not exactly traveling by bus, staying at a motel 6 and eating at Mcdonalds..... most 5 star resturants and hotels have better food and beding than most of us have at home. They also dont have the household chores and wife and kids to deal with on the road they have people cleaning up after them and serving them... that 2 hour nap on a charter plane ride from nashville to st louis mustve taken alot out of them.

I thought Sestito should have had a bit more ice time tonight.... He could of took on Backes, he had a big hit every time he was on the ice in the 3rd lol.

Not looking forward to the playoffs with this reffing...

I think Alberts needs to play in the playoffs.. He's a beast physically.

Wish Gillis got another big d-man or winger at the deadline.

they are not exactly traveling by bus, staying at a motel 6 and eating at Mcdonalds..... most 5 star resturants and hotels have better food and beding than most of us have at home. They also dont have the household chores and wife and kids to deal with on the road they have people cleaning up after them and serving them... that 2 hour nap on a charter plane ride from nashville to st louis mustve taken alot out of them.

physical gm, nux matched up fine. PP is starting to heat up these several games.

mistake by barker. cory held the fort.

hope tanev will be ready for playoffs.

as long nux can maintain a good D, they can beat blues in the playoffs.

At least the boys got a taste of what the next few weeks are gonna be like. With Juice and Higgs back in we get a bit more pushback, although I wasn't unhappy with how the team dealt with physicality tonight. Finish more checks, mix it up on their doorstep and no team will take us lightly. The bar has been set.

Archived