The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Movement) Canucks call up Frank Corrado

Pears

I'm not saying they'll call up everyone, but I am saying they'll bring up a few extra. They'd certainly hope they wouldn't get that far down the depth chart, but Andersson is another right side D, Lain (and/or maybe Gaunce) could be our extra center depth beyond Ebbett and Schroeder, and Archibald's more of a stretch if we were to bring up Sweatt and still have our current 4th liners around.

They might not be the 1st in line for depth in their position, but they'll see what it takes to be in the NHL playoffs. I wouldn't rule them all out.

I personally don't buy this idea of bringing young players in for the "experience" since they don't practice with the team, share the same dressing room, or even travel with the team.

I don't think they're going to bring anybody up that didn't play with the Canucks this season. If they need the player, he's going need to be able to step into the lineup right away. There's no time to teach them the system and get acclimated.

I'd be very surprised if any of Peter Andersson, Kellan Lain, or Brendan Gaunce gets called up.

Thinking it will be players that were with the Canucks this season: Jim Vandermeer, Nicklas Jensen, Jordan Schroeder, Andrew Gordon, and Joe Cannata. That's five players (same as 2011).

I suppose you don't know that Andersson has been one of the few consistent Canucks prospects placed in the line up for the Wolves, and that our D is particularly weak right now - especially on our right side.

As per Lain or Gaunce, beyond the depth centermen in Ebbett or Schroeder, we don't have anyone else that can step up and fill that role. Especially in a bottom 6 role, Lain would be ideal to fill in for Lapierre if he was ever injured. This was part of my reasoning for my intial list. So let's go back to our depth chart, and determine 2 players to fill potential positions if the injury bug ever hit:

LW:

Sweatt (top/bottom 6)

Gordon (bottom 6)

C:

Ebbett (wherever Vigneault feels)

Schroeder (mid 6)

Lain (Bottom 6)

RW:

Jensen (top 6)

Archibald (bottom 6)

D:

Andersson (L)

Vandermeer (L)

Corrado ®

G:

Cannata

This reflects my list posted earlier. You have to assume that with injuries, you might require 1-2 players for each position. This list has been compiled to reflect that.

I personally don't buy this idea of bringing young players in for the "experience" since they don't practice with the team, share the same dressing room, or even travel with the team.

I don't think they're going to bring anybody up that didn't play with the Canucks this season. If they need the player, he's going need to be able to step into the lineup right away. There's no time to teach them the system and get acclimated.

I'd be very surprised if any of Peter Andersson, Kellan Lain, or Brendan Gaunce gets called up.

Thinking it will be players that were with the Canucks this season: Jim Vandermeer, Nicklas Jensen, Jordan Schroeder, Andrew Gordon, and Joe Cannata. That's five players (same as 2011).

Archived