The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach of the Vancouver Canucks, Larry Robinson

clutesi

I think, not only he wants to be an assistant, I think he's better at it. He's 62 and head coach requires a lot time.

As a hall of famer, I think he's better at teaching individually each player and sharing his expirences as a player, where a head coach, doesn't have time to coach every player individually. He has to take care of strategies, analysing the other teams' game tape, etc. It's more about the whole scheme.

He's perfect. The guy's a winner, he's done a great job in San Jose as an assistant. He's respected by players and management. Quality teams begin with quality at the top in management. San Jose will never keep him as an assistant so let's get ourselves someone who's won the cup, knows what it takes and will inspire his players.

Robinson has been a head coach 2X and didn't like the stress. The Canucks should have no shortage of applicants if AV is canned. I do expect he will be fired. The roster does have enough talent to take another serious CUP run over the next two years.

Are you friends of his, or know his agent? So you're speculating then. His anxiety issues might have stemmed from the fact that he's a fierce competitor, and he wants to win really badly. He's not defense and that's it. His teams score goals as well. He's just one of the best teachers in the game. That aspect of his is why I want him here in Vancouver. He might be able to correct the flaws in our defense. We also will probably work on a solid offensive system as well. I'd gladly welcome him here.

Pass it to Bulis has a great list of choices (And some not so great).

Sure, but who says other teams are asking or that he wants to do so?

That'd be one of my frontrunners actually. I think he'd bring some fire and accountability to the team, and he is a decent coach.

one is a super long shot and the other is 50/50 at best but i'm hoping we find a way to pry Babcock from Detroit (long shot). If no Babcock then I would love to see Tortorella become the new coach if not for anything more than to see him rip Tony Gallagher a new arsehole on a weekly basis.

I agree, but it's already been mentioned Robinson's preferences factor into that. He's not most coaches. Other coaches, like Don Hay for instance, don't want a head coaching job in the NHL either. Nothing is a given that Robinson won't stay with the Sharks as an assistant next year.

Archived